General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

oil filter change + anchor bolts

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2006, 02:11 AM
Default oil filter change + anchor bolts

Does anyone know the prcoedure for changin the oil filter when i change the oil in my 97 accord and where i can find it. Diagrams would be extremely helpful. Also I need to get FRONT anchor bolts for my 97 accord ( stock bolts for the upper control arm). I lowered my car and had to order these bolts
http://cgi.ebay.ca/90-93-94-97-HONDA...QQcmdZViewItem

from ebay to adjust my camber and threw the old (stock ones) away. I have now raised my car and tried to get the bolts from the dealership but they told me they dont ell it o its own and would have to order the whole upper control arm for that. When i took my car to get it aligned they said that my cambers were too high and that they werent adjustable ( 2different mechanics said the same thing). After reading a little on them I realized that they were infact adjustable. I am a newbie to this issue so if anyone can help that would be great. Also i tried to get the stock bolts from a salvage yard but they told me when they get them they are usually seized and so the have to break them. If these cambers are infact not adjustable, i'd appreciate it if someone can point me in the right directions to find the stock bolts.

Any help would be great. Thanks

Note: my car has a positive camber right now with these aftermarket camber bolts.

Old 11-05-2006, 04:06 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: oil filter change + anchor bolts

if you go to our DIY section there is a post on How to change oil + filter .......

Old 11-05-2006, 09:50 AM
Default RE: oil filter change + anchor bolts

thanks. Does anyone have any idea on the anchor bolts?