General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Oil Pressure / Oil Temperature / Water Temperature

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 02:55 PM
Karthigan
Unregistered
Default Oil Pressure / Oil Temperature / Water Temperature

Hi! There ...

I bought a aftermarket 4-in-1 Tachnometer with all senders (sensors) included

I have an 1990 Honda Accord 4-Door EX, Manual Transmission

However, I ran into some problems installing the sensors, or trying to tap into the right wires to get the readings ....

For Water Temperature, I tried the sensors underneath the distributor cap, it gave me a reading, but the problem was...the engine won't start, only the reading comes when the tapped-connection is done after the engine is already started

As for the Oil Temperature and Oil Pressure, I have no idea where those ares ...

I asked my mechanic, he is unable to provide to ideas of where to install these senders

We also tried tapping the sensor wire (assuming it was for Oil Pressure) on top of underneath the Oil Filter area, again, no luck

Herewith, I am attaching a eBay link to the product I got, just for reference, but if you need images of the actual sensors (senders), I don't mind attaching them later on, but you can see a small image of the actual sensors on the eBay link

Also, since I got this used car for $1000.00, the engine actually says F20A,not H22A ... like 2.2 it should be ...

So, can someone please tell me where to tap to (the wire colours,) or the sender installation locations for Oil Temperature , Oil Pressure and Oil Temperature

Thanks!

The link is below:

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-4-in-1-Tacho...ayphotohosting