General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Passenger low beam headlight not working

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2016, 09:41 AM
Question Passenger low beam headlight not working

Hey all,

My 2008 Accord has a problem with the low beam passenger headlight.

First of all, it was in a wreck about 5 years ago, and the front end was rebuilt. What's going on is that the passenger low beam headlight stopped working 2 weeks ago. The high beam works fine. I suspect it's wiring since over the years the passenger headlight would flash on and off going over a rough bump sometimes. Now, the headlight won't work at all. I've replaced the bulb and the fuses are fine.
I don't know how or where to begin looking at the wiring or grounding. Honda dealership says electrical diagnosis is like $125/hour. The car is out of inspection and of course won't pass with the light problem.

Other posts mention looking at the headlight relay switches, but I think in my under hood fuse box they're either not replaceable or part of the wiring chassis ie can't be worked on. Not sure.

Any help would be appreciated!!

Old 09-29-2016, 05:19 PM
Super Moderator

You need a volt meter. Unplug the headlight and measure the voltage on the non-black wire. Use the negative battery post or a bare metal bolt as your ground for your volt meter. Let us know what you find, and we'll give you the next step.

Old 09-29-2016, 08:34 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Originally Posted by PAhonda
You need a volt meter. Unplug the headlight and measure the voltage on the non-black wire. Use the negative battery post or a bare metal bolt as your ground for your volt meter. Let us know what you find, and we'll give you the next step.
And if you find power there, then suspect the ground wire/ground lug.

Old 09-29-2016, 09:54 PM
Super Moderator

Check Fuse No. 4 (10A) in the passenger side under-dash fuse box. Fuse no. 4 protects and provides power to the passenger side low beam control circuit, which is integrated into the passenger side Multiplex Integrated Control Unit (MICU), that is part of that fuse box.

Old 09-29-2016, 10:01 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Originally Posted by redbull-1
Check Fuse No. 4 (10A) in the passenger side under-dash fuse box. Fuse no. 4 protects and provides power to the passenger side low beam control circuit, which is integrated into the passenger side Multiplex Integrated Control Unit (MICU), that is part of that fuse box.
I didn't know they had something like that. Learned something new today. Also makes me glad I have an older model too.