General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Passenger and rear windows not working

Old 01-02-2013, 08:51 PM
Question Passenger and rear windows not working

I have a 07 accord sedan, and I have some problem with the windows. Here is the symptom:

Passenger side window and both rear windows wouldn't go down. The driver side front window is the only one working among the four.

When using the power switch on the driver side door to control the other three windows, I hear click, but the three windows won't move. When using the power switch on the passenger door, or the rear doors, there is no click sound, window won't go down either.

The locking works on both driver side and the passenger side.

The three window failed at the same time. There was once that all three suddenly started to work for half a day, then all three were dead at the same time and ever after.

I suspect electrical problem, but no idea where to start. Before, I had problems the turn signal relay, and changed that.

Any help would be appreciated! Happy new year!

Old 01-02-2013, 09:16 PM
Super Moderator

Usually, this is due to a faulty door multiplex control unit, which is incorporated into the power window master switch.

Old 01-02-2013, 09:52 PM
Super Moderator

There is a test you can do to see if it is the door multiplex control unit. I take no credit for it, it is by a Honda tech, who goes by the username justinsbg on another forum.

At the 23-P connector for the door multiplex control unit, attach a wire to cavity 3 (where the WHT/GRN wire is), with the connector plugged back in, turn the ignition to ON. Ground the WHT/GRN wire to body and try to operate the other three windows. If they work with ground to the WHT/GRN wire; but, doesn't when it is not grounded, then it is a faulty door multiplex control unit.

Attached Thumbnails Passenger and rear windows not working-door-multiplex-control-unit-connector.jpg  
Old 01-02-2013, 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by redbull-1
Usually, this is due to a faulty door multiplex control unit, which is incorporated into the power window master switch.

How to remove 2003-2007 Honda Accord 4 Door Window Master Switch - YouTube
Hi, thanks a lot for the reply. I just wonder, since the main switch on the drivers side do produce a "click" when toggling, while the passenger side doesn't, could it be something wrong with the passenger side control unit?

Or is there an "control unit" on the passenger side at all? I mean I don't really know the wiring. Does the passenger switch just route back to the master control unit?

Last edited by David_S; 01-02-2013 at 11:33 PM.
Old 01-02-2013, 11:42 PM
Super Moderator

There is no "control unit" on the front passenger side. The front passenger and rear are just switches.

There are wires that run from the driver's door multiplex control unit to the front passenger switch, left and right rear switches.

Old 04-18-2013, 08:42 PM

I came across this thread as I am experiencing the same thing. Driver side window is the only one that works. All three other windows went out at same time. Now all I hear is a clicking noise if I try to use passenger windows.

Should I buy a multiplex unit?

Trying to figure out what part on this Honda parts site.
2006 HONDA ACCORD|

Old 04-20-2013, 08:21 AM
Super Moderator

"soggy" - What have you tested so far?

Old 05-02-2013, 03:45 PM

I ended up purchasing the replacement part last week. It arrived yesterday.

35754-SDA-309 SWITCH ASSY $122.38 on honda parts unlimited.com

I unplugged and unscrewed the old master multiplex unit and installed the new one. It fixed the problem. All my windows work perfect now.

Only problem. My keyless remote had to be reprogrammed. No problem thanks to YouTube.

I actually brought my iPad and followed along with the video. It reprogrammed the remote and everything works flawless.

This forum is awesome.

Old 07-10-2013, 12:02 AM

Ok question for anyone that might know the answer to this problem
My 07 Accord has this same issue where the 3 windows aren't working, but the drivers window is working, issue. The clicking that I hear coming from the nonworking windows indicates to me that there is power going to the three window switches,(here's where I step back and start scratching my head) could someone explain to me what is or is not happening that is causing this issue? Being a bit old school,
I am used to:
1.) Got Power✔
2.) Got good contact✔
3.) Got functioning power windows✔
Is there a fix I can do to whatever has failed, or blown ?

Old 07-10-2013, 05:53 PM
Super Moderator

Well there is testing that can be done......test for that power, test for the contact....then replace "said" part.

The manuals I have don't soecifically cover the '07 but I'm guessing wht I have for the '06 should work.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Passenger and rear windows not working