General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Please Help!! Engine, VSA and ! light came on an no power

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2012, 10:46 AM
Default Please Help!! Engine, VSA and ! light came on an no power

I have a 2007 V6 Accord. When I backed out of the garage this morning, the VSA, service engine and triangle ! lights came on and now stay on. I can't drive it because it will only idle, when I give it gas it does nothing. Can anyone help me figure this out?

Thanks in advance

FMC

Last edited by fishmaycraft; 10-07-2012 at 11:34 AM.
Old 10-07-2012, 12:26 PM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

You will need to borrow or buy a OBD2 scanner and check for codes stored by ECM. Post these for guidance.

good luck

Old 10-07-2012, 12:29 PM
Super Moderator

eeeekkk, without the codes this could be a number of things.

On a reach. Pull the battery, take it to a parts store and have it tested. Clean the ends, when you re-install the battery be sure the ends are tight.

Also, be sure you have the code for the radio.....you will need it once the battery is replaced.

EDIT: and I see TX posted as I was typing

Old 04-06-2013, 01:31 PM

My father's 2007 Honda FR-V had the same issue when he returned from his holidays. After jump-starting it, as it had a dead battery, the VSA and engine management light came on and the car just would not move.

We called the AA and he tried re-setting everything. He warned that the car should be jump started with the key removed, which he said could have caused this issue.

He couldn't reset it and then his only option was to get it towed to Honda dealership for their diagnostic. Whilst he was diagnosing, we suggested that we could try disconnecting and re-connecting the battery, the AA man said, no point as he had done that through the software.

Thank God it was a bank holiday weekend and he said we would have to call back and re-book. Over the weekend one of my father's friends suggested disconnecting the battery and re-connecting it - guess what it resolved the issue - all lights are reset and no huge VSA bill (for now!).