General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

power door locks

Old 06-23-2008, 12:13 AM
Default power door locks

hey guys, just wondering about my door locks on my car. i'm trying to put a keyless entry on my car with alarm but my door locks are not working properly with the remote. me and a friend tried hooking it up according to the manual(diagram)and it shows that my power door locks are both negative.but when we hook it up,and i push the unlock/lock door switch button,the doors would unlock then lock again,we tried it again a few times and read the instruction word for word and tried any other way but it still does it[:'(] we even wired it back(the power door lock) like we never touched it. but get this... we called it quits for the day and put everything back together, and i just wanted to make it sure i could still unlock/lock it with my key and it does. but when i tried to unlock/lock it with my door switch it works!! now, i'm not sure WTF went right or wrong there, but it was confusing. to elaborate,i can still arm/disarm my alarm with my remote but as of right now my remote for my keyless door entry is not hooked up because we thought we messed up the relay/motor on the door locks so we wired it back to what it was before. but as i said earlier, prior to putting everything back together the door switch would lock itself after unlocking??? but after putting all the doors/dash/radio...the door switch works!! I NEED HELP GUYS I'M CONFUSE[&o][&o] thanks

Old 06-23-2008, 12:59 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: power door locks

is the drivers door open when you try to use the power door locks?

if the drivers door is open they will lock then unlock again.

Old 06-23-2008, 09:23 PM
Default RE: power door locks

thanks for the reply nafango2, yeah my drivers door was open and so does my passenger door was open,but when i push the unlock button(on the door) it unlocks then locks again. this was with the remote and even after we disconnected the wires from the alarm brain and wired it back to its original setup with the power door lock box.

Old 07-29-2011, 09:43 PM

OK I searched like I am supposed to this is the closest thing I have found. So i have a 96 accord and from outside I can put my key in the door (everything closed up) and unlock it and before I can lift the hhandle its locked again. I have to hold it in the unlock position to open my door a two handed process. It is the same from the inside when trying to get out. I hit the unlock button and it locks right back before I can even open the door. The there are other times it works perfect. Please help thanks