General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Power door locks and power side mirrors not working...

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 04:38 PM
Default Power door locks and power side mirrors not working...

Turns out my power door locks and remote mirror switch aren't working. On the door locks, both the driver's and passenger's lock switches only work when I press down (lock) but will not work when I press up (unlock). When I press up, I don't even hear a noise such as the locks trying to unlock. I can unlock the doors manually, but I don't want to do that if I have the option to unlock all the doors with a switch. As for the power mirrors, they were working when all of a sudden one day I replaced my power window switches and plugged in the mirror switch and it stopped working. I've tried replacing the switches, but I get nothing. I'm at a loss here and don't know what to do. Any advice please?

Old 11-07-2008, 05:31 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: Power door locks and power side mirrors not working...

What happens when you use the key from the outside to lock/unlock all of the doors?

Old 11-11-2008, 05:47 PM

Sorry for the late reply. Turns out the fuse for my power mirrors was blown. I replaced it and now it's working fine. When I use the key from the outside to unlock the doors, it manually unlocks the driver's door. When I use the key to lock the doors, it used to lock every door, but now it just locks the driver's door. Could this be a result of a blown fuse?

Old 11-11-2008, 09:10 PM
Super Moderator

I think that you will have to determine the problem using a volt meter. The online manuals thread in the DIY section has links to sites with a 94 shop manual. The electrical part section of the shop manual has the door lock tests. I would follow the KH instructions.

Test the lock switch, actuator, and the control unit.

Old 10-05-2010, 08:33 PM

Try checking the ground on the door lock control in the door and on the mirror; had a 93 accord with a bad ground in the shop today