General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Power Windows and Instrument Panel not working

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2006, 04:27 AM
ButtonMan
Unregistered
Default Power Windows and Instrument Panel not working

I have recently purchased a 96 Honda Accord and when I got it the drivers side power window and radio didn't work. I replaced the PW fuse along with a couple others that were burned out and the window worked fine, but I still couldnt figure out the previous owners aftermarket wiring job for the radio. After playing around for some time I managed to figure the radio out, but at some point in my playing with the wires in the radio compartment I must have blown something. Now my instrument panel no longer works, my power windows do not work, and my clock does not work. One note I would like to make is that my instrument panel still lights up... but no reaction from my odometer, tachometer, speedometer, etc. Is there any relay that has the intrument panel and the power windows tied to it? I have checked and re-checked my fuses. I can change the power-window relay but what would be the point if my instrument panel is out and they aren't tied together? Or are they? I would appreciate any help i could get.

Old 07-04-2006, 05:01 AM
ButtonMan
Unregistered
Default RE: Power Windows and Instrument Panel not working

One additional note that I wanted to make is that I have also checked the fuses for the power windows with a 12 volt tester and they are definately not getting any power... its a little late for me to check the other fuses but I will do that in the morning.

Old 07-04-2006, 11:51 AM
Default RE: Power Windows and Instrument Panel not working

I think there is an instrument panel fuse under the dash. I'm pretty sure I remember it being in the fuse box area, but not actually where the fuses are. Check a little bit higher where all the wires connect.