General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power Windows not working

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2011, 04:46 PM
Default Power Windows not working

Good day,

I'm helping my sister in law with her issue. I'm used to work on VW normally, but i love learning

She have an Accord ELX 2006 2.4l

There is the issue: Since a few month, only the driver power windows work. All the 3 others doesnt work at all..

I did some "troubleshoot" this morning.. I checked ALL fuses (under the dash, and under the hood). I saw some technical sheet that over the 3 row of fuses, there is relay ? (I didnt remove the plastic protector over it so I didnt knew it at that moment). Am I right?

Also... when, from any door, I try to open the windows, I hear a click (the relay) in the door, but nothing happen.

Where should I look now?

a big Thanks!

Frank

Old 10-16-2011, 04:52 PM
Super Moderator

Common problem. Sounds like the door multiplex control unit incorporated into the power window master switch. See this link and focus on Justinsbg's posts (he's an actual Honda tech).

honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2746078

Old 10-16-2011, 04:54 PM

Great, thanks.. i'll look at it..

and for the fuse box, am I right that if I remove the plastic gear over it, that I will found all relay for the car?

Old 10-16-2011, 05:04 PM
Super Moderator

I presume you're referring to the under dash fuse/relay box. Relays should be above the fuses, may be covered by plastic cover.

Old 10-16-2011, 05:05 PM

Thanks a lot

Old 04-20-2012, 09:22 AM
Default Was this problem ever solved

Hello. I was just wondering if you guys had any luck fixing this problem. I have an 01 Honda accord ex 2 door with the exact same problem. Any information is appreciated. I have searched for solutions to this problem for days now and I cannot find a solution that has fixed the problem, only suggestions. I was just wondering how this problem ws solved thanks.

Old 04-20-2012, 11:08 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Yea Chumper many people come to the board to get a problem solved then never come back to let us know the problem was fixed. Try not to be one of those guys, ok?

You may want to start your own thread in the General Tech section explaining your problem and what steps you have tried so far.

Old 04-20-2012, 01:47 PM
Almost A Senior Member

I had the same problem. Only the driver side would work. And i replaced the switch and on my old oone the window lock button broke inside and i didnt know till i took it apart. If the window lock is on not even the driver can out the other windows down. But my car is older........ Junk yard switch 5$

Old 04-22-2012, 12:06 AM
Default Not me man

No way trust me if I fix this I am gonna tell the whole world hehehe. First I am gonna try and do the reset procedure for the multiplex unit (setting the intermittent windshield wiper to medium speed, then turning key to on position then off again). If no luck with that I'm going to order a used multiplex drivers side unit and install that. If that doesn't work then I will order a used passenger side window switch. Next if that doesn't work I'm gonna get a used master drivers side switch. And if all that doesn't work I'm gonna politely ask my wife to not worry about rolling the f*****g window down hahaha. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

Old 08-14-2012, 10:41 AM
Default Defeated

I am sorry to say I am a defeated man. After replacing the driver side

multiplex unit, the drivers side power master switch, I broke down and took

it to the dealer. The first initial Diagnostic was 100.00 dollars. Then that

turned into tracing the wires wich was another 100.00 dollars, the

dealership said they want another 198.00 dollars for a new passenger side

multiplex unit. So I told them to put it back together, and I got a used

passenger side multiplex unit put it in and nothing. I am soo frustrated. I

just spent another 200.00 for basically nothing. If you guys have any other

ideas please let me know. All units that i bought for replacements were

used but in working condition. Is there something I am missing here?

Quick Reply: Power Windows not working