General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

radio code

Old 03-27-2009, 01:18 PM
corey
Unregistered
Default radio code

i need a radio code for my 98 accord
vin # 1HGCG3152WA801182
Can anyone help???

Old 03-27-2009, 01:23 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Nope. You have to call the dealer.

PS - This sounds stolen, haha.

Old 03-27-2009, 02:56 PM

Or you could try here, I haven't personally tried it, but it looks promising...Given that you're actually the owner of the car

https://radio-navicode.honda.com/

Old 04-01-2009, 03:30 PM
Default Radio codes for Canadian Cars

I just had the same problem and I got the readio code for my car.

Picked the car up yesterday, radio is locked out, so today I call up Honda of America (1-800-999-1009), they were super helpful but they needed to verify the ownership info before they could give me the code, they had it on file, there were not problems getting a code for a CANADIAN car.

Honda of America asked me to call Honda of Canada (1-888-946-6329) to verify ownership info, I called them up, they said they don't have any codes, and only the dealer that sold the car would, so I asked if they could find out which dealer sold the car since I bought it second hand, they did without a problem after I provided the VIN#, and they even gave me their phone #.

Called up the dealer, I said I want the security code for the radio, they asked for the last 8 digits of the VIN, I provided the info, and they gave up the code just like that, didn't verify anything.

I figure this could save some people time and money, took me about 20 minutes to take care of it

xp.

Old 04-01-2009, 04:26 PM
Default The code

Originally Posted by xp190
I just had the same problem and I got the readio code for my car.

Picked the car up yesterday, radio is locked out, so today I call up Honda of America (1-800-999-1009), they were super helpful but they needed to verify the ownership info before they could give me the code, they had it on file, there were not problems getting a code for a CANADIAN car.

Honda of America asked me to call Honda of Canada (1-888-946-6329) to verify ownership info, I called them up, they said they don't have any codes, and only the dealer that sold the car would, so I asked if they could find out which dealer sold the car since I bought it second hand, they did without a problem after I provided the VIN#, and they even gave me their phone #.

Called up the dealer, I said I want the security code for the radio, they asked for the last 8 digits of the VIN, I provided the info, and they gave up the code just like that, didn't verify anything.

I figure this could save some people time and money, took me about 20 minutes to take care of it

xp.
Mine is on a sticker on the glove compartment. I think it came that way when I bought it new in 2003. Might check yours. Sitting in the drivers seat, if you open it it's on the outside of the box facing you. Good luck!!

Old 04-02-2009, 08:20 PM

No luck with the sticker on the outside of the glove box, and the security # the dealer gave me won't work either, I'll have to call them agian tomorrow and find out what's the deal, I want my radio

Old 04-02-2009, 08:57 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Originally Posted by xp190
No luck with the sticker on the outside of the glove box, and the security # the dealer gave me won't work either, I'll have to call them agian tomorrow and find out what's the deal, I want my radio
make sure your entering it right if all fails since i just read your welcome thread they should get it working for you right away since you just bought it.

Old 04-03-2009, 04:00 PM

Apparently there are two ways to enter in the code, I was only aware of one which worked for me, and I didn't get a chance tro try the other.

The first and most obvious way is to put the code in when the radio is asking for it, this is where you get the 10 attempts, and after 10 attempts it locks out completely for some amount of time, I didn't bother waiting for it to unlock itself so I just pulled the battery connection and tried again. This worked for me.

Apparently, according to the dealer there is another way to do it when the radio is locked out after the 10 missed attempts. What you are supposed to do is hold down each number, one at a time of the unlock code for a second, and when you get to the last one, you hold it until the radio comes on by itself.

I have not tried this, but if someone has the opportunity to do so, please verify if this works or not. The service rep at the dealer was not too sure if you will get a beep after a number has been accepted or not, a confirmation on that would be nice as well

Just sharing the knowledge.

xp

Old 04-03-2009, 04:33 PM

On mine, 99 EX, the code is on the inside of the trunk lid - 5 digit code.

Old 06-20-2009, 01:12 PM
HONDA2001GG
Unregistered

2nd accord owner..i have the serial numbers..the radio 1-6 function gave me that...but i have been all over the car the box the manual...all stated areas...can not locate the card/sticker from orig dealer etc...i had to change the battery...my serial # is the following u2103l0477 so the 8 dig ser #would = 21030477 but honda www site will not provide as i am 2nd owner...guys any help is appreciated..
Honda gg

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: radio code