General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

rattle/chatter front end 98 accord

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2012, 12:43 PM
Default rattle/chatter front end 98 accord

I am at wits end, I have literally replaced everything under this vehicle and can not find where this noise is coming from. I get a rattle of some sort when driving over rough spots in the road or speed bumps. I have replaced struts, springs, all ball joints, and links, I have replaced CV's...twice in a year, I have kicked yanked and shaken all components under the vehicle and the only thing I can find that appears to have any slop is the inner cv joint going into the trans axle. you can grab these (one in each hand on either side of trans axle) and move them up and down. I have gone as far as to mic the machined surface in comparison to the second set of axles I replaced and found them to be the same. I have found a tread where someone has asked if this can be the cause of the noise in question, but answers pointed toward spindle bearing,(mine appear to have no play at all) has anyone else had this problem and was able to fix? maybe remaned axles are inferior quality or the carrier bearing in trans axle is bad? this car was a hand-me-down so I didn't mind putting in parts its still less than a monthly payment. but enough is enough I am fairly mechanical and can fix a lot of things, this just has me completely stumped.

any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Old 04-07-2012, 01:14 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

cool...
Now please re-post in the correct area (General Tech) and go ahead and use the "Enter Key" after every now and then which makes what you write much easier to read and understand.

This section is not for questions which is clearly labeled on the top of this section.

Look forward to assisting you with fixing your troubles with your Accord.

Old 04-07-2012, 02:02 PM

thx crispin I am new to posting, and not too computer savvy.

Old 04-07-2012, 02:49 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Talking

Originally Posted by joj73
thx crispin I am new to posting, and not too computer savvy.
I understand we all started somewhere.

We are just trying to keep the forum organized.

You want to post you question here (click this link)>>>>> General Tech Help - Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums