General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Seat belt warning light/chime not working

Old 10-31-2010, 04:23 PM
Default Seat belt warning light/chime not working

The seat belt warning light/chime on the dash doesnt work.
I have tried once with the instructions found in the internet by following a sequence to put the ignition on and unlock the seat belt 3 times within 60 seconds, and so on. The instructions were to deactivate the seat belt warning.
However, it did activate it for the first time. I did hear the chime and the lights came on. But after that the lights for seat belt warning hasnt come on or the chime.
I am pretty sure the fuses are fine because all the other lights on the dash works, like the high beam, breaks and all.

How can I turn the seat belt warning ON? Its not a big deal but I would like to know and have it working.

Thanks in advance.

Old 11-03-2010, 11:43 AM
Super Moderator

good question. i have no idea.

Old 11-03-2010, 02:08 PM
Super Moderator

I think that all of that is handled by the integrated control unit. You will probably have to test the inputs to see if something is missing.

The 94 shop manual is split into chapters at the bottom of this site:

dhost.info/accordinfo/

The integrated control unit wiring diagram starts on page 23-170. The input tests are a few pages later.

Old 11-06-2010, 09:43 PM

Checked the cable below the seat that connects to the seatbelt today. Damn it was tough to get into. The cables look fine. But still no go.
I havent checked the other cables shown in the diagram though. I will do it tomorrow or may be next weekend.

I did however put new bulbs in for the shift lever, ashtray and the cigar lighter. I went to checkers auto and got the bulbs.
I never thought there were any bulbs till I went through the manual. The previous owner surely didnt take care of the vehicle I guess, or may be he didnt know as well.
$5 for 4 bulbs, and half an hour of work. Replaced all the bulbs.
I have to get into that seat belt issue though.
Just wanted to update.
I havent seen any DIY or may be I missed it on replacing the bulbs for ashtray, shifter, and lighter. I am waiting for an after market shift **** to be delivered. I will install it once I get it. I will make a DIY on the same and also include the steps to change the bulbs there, if there isnt any DIY already on it. Mods if there is any already, please let me know so I wont make a DIY double post.

Thanks

Old 11-06-2010, 10:00 PM
Super Moderator
Talking

Go ahead and write up a DIY on replacing the bulbs. The more information on this site the better.

I'll pay attention to see if there is a chime for my seat belt. I know the light works, because it is tuned on way too often when I drive. https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/for...ons/icon10.gif

There may also be a bulb check when you first turn the key to the II position. I'll test that out as well. You could be dealing with a burned out seat belt light bulb.

Old 11-15-2010, 09:54 AM

Still couldnt find the solution of the seat belt lights. i checked the cables, and all, but as you said may be its the bulb.
I have a new problem, the car wont start. I put a new thread for it.
I will make a DIY for replacing bulbs soon, I have the pictures and everything, but right now I have get my car started first. Once I get that fixed, I will post a DIY on the bulbs.
Thanks