General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

seatbelt warning light and alarm

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 09:42 AM
Default seatbelt warning light and alarm

Hello all...I am looking to deactivate the seatbelt warning light and alarm which sounds every 30 seconds or so when the seatbelt is not clicked shut. I don't always want to wear it. Can anybody help? Thanks. By the way, if anyone hates those dorky daytime running lights, they can be easily deactivated by pulling fuse #3. That was the first thing I did when I got the car.

Old 10-26-2007, 09:51 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: seatbelt warning light and alarm

Noone is going to answer that for you since it's illegal ...... but I'll point you in the right direction. There's a microswitch in the buckle.

Old 10-26-2007, 04:08 PM

10-5 on the microswitch...that is helpful. Thanks.

Old 10-26-2007, 10:04 PM
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: falkore24

Noone is going to answer that for you since it's illegal ......
not necessarily, in NH if you are over 18 you dont have to wear one. but i think that it is the only state.

in my 5th gen there is a a plug under the seat you can unplug and it disables it

Old 10-27-2007, 02:30 AM

wear your seatbelt.

or put a squeegee in your trunk so when you wreck, its easier to clean you up off the road.

Old 10-27-2007, 10:56 AM
coyoteyoung
Unregistered

I also would like to get rid of that warning light, what a pain... even if it is to save your life.....

Old 10-27-2007, 11:06 AM

I know easter is a long ways away but I'm longer comfortable answering this question. However, if you do a search in this forum and go on an easter egg hunt you will find the answer.

Old 10-27-2007, 11:25 AM

I dont understand why whenever somebody asks this question they get an endless lecture about being safe and wearing their seatbelts. So Im sure all the guys that give these lectures and have all kinds of performance mods obey the speed limit at all time and never drive wrecklessly, right? So that video I saw of a member hauling booty down a mountain road at night will soon be filled with safety lectures, right?

And I sure the next time somebody asks how to make their Accord go faster, everybody will tell them its safer to drive slow. Right?

And Im sure none of us drink heavily or ride mountain bikes without a helmet or dont wash their hands before they eat every time or listen to loud music and so on (and sometimes all 4 at once! ) Right?

C'mon!

Yes we all know that not wearing a seatbelt is unsafe but so is a lot of other behavior Im pretty sure most of us do.

Honda put a SUPER annoying beeper in their cars because they know whats best for us....unless you put something in the passenger seat that weighs more than a gallon of milk, or have a grouchy, stuborn dad that rides with you but doesnt like to wear a seatbelt, or just want to drive the 1/2 mile at a speed of 20 mph to run down to the end of the street to the convenience store.

I guess my point is, instead of turning every seatbelt alarm thread into an after school special, how about just answering the question? This way when a newbie does the search, he'll find the answer.

Old 10-27-2007, 11:40 AM

I have answered it on more than one occasion. and as dumb as it sounds with today's society I don't want some rich 16 year old kid's parent's calling me up with a lawsuit becuase their child was deformed in an accident because they forgot to put on their seatbelt because some guy told them how to disable it when they asked. I've been in court one to many times at my young age and that's why at this point I won't answer the question anymore but as I stated the answer is in this forum.

I personally don't care if someone doesn't wear their seatbelt, that's their decision and I'm done lecturing about it. I smoke for goodness sake. However, like I said someone with to much money would love to bring up a lawsuit over this. A guy tried to sue himself for violating his own constitutional rights why wouldn't someone slap a suite on me for helping them deface themselves?

Sorry about the rant but I just wanted to share why I lecture when this question is asked.

Old 10-27-2007, 03:07 PM

i can type whatever I want on here, within reason. If someone wants to do something that I see as foolish or idiotic, I will tell them.

Quick Reply: seatbelt warning light and alarm