General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

1993 accord no strart

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2017, 09:31 PM
Default 1993 accord no strart

I have a 93 accord I bought with a wrecking yard motor installed that wasnt completed. I installed new timing belt,water pump etc. I tried to fire up but will not start. I installed a new distributor, coil, plugs and wires. Previous owner installed a new fuel pump and verified if has good fuel pressure., I get good spark but still will not start. I double checked timing and all is good. I pulled plugs out after cranking and they are dry. no sign of fuel getting to them. Any help would greatly be appreciated

Old 12-18-2017, 06:21 AM

I have good spark and good fuel pressure to the fuel rail, when I pull plugs i dont seem to be getting fuel to them. They are dry. Compression is good. And Idea greatly appreciated

Old 12-18-2017, 11:52 AM
Super Moderator

Last thing in the fuel chain is whether the injectors are firing.

Each injector has a 2-wire plug. One wire on each is all the same color - that wire should have (+) battery voltage all the time whenever the key is ON. Check for that. If you don't have it, look for connections, fuses, etc.

The ECM switches the ground on & off for each injector. So each of the 4 injectors has it's own wire back to the ECM. Check that if the (+) side of the injector circuits are OK.

Old 12-18-2017, 09:04 PM

Hi Jim, I checked and only the #1 injector has 12 volts. None on the other 3. I tested the yellow wire on the main relay and that has power ( yellow wire) Do you have a wiring diagram you can share with me?

Thanks

Old 12-18-2017, 09:08 PM

I found the fuse box up front and none shows anything for fuel. Like I mentioned earlier I have good pressure up to the rail bu tno fuel being sprayed into cyl.

Old 12-19-2017, 06:21 AM

Does the main relay also control pulse on injector wires?

Thanks

Old 12-19-2017, 10:14 PM
Super Moderator

They main relay supplies power to all the injectors through the injector resistor. The engine computer grounds the injector to open the injector.

The injector resisitor is a box with metal fins near the top of the engine bay near the driver's side of the windshield. There is a connector nearby that is identical and can easily be switched. The wires going to the injector resistor connector are something like 1 red and 4 red/blk.

Old 12-19-2017, 11:44 PM

I found that resistor, So I understand this rite, from the harness with the red and black wires. That should the plugged into the resistor box? Cause rite now its plugged rite back into the harness

Old 12-20-2017, 06:21 AM

They had the wire switched. Now I have power to all to each connector. Still not getting pulse to the leads. You think it may be a bad main relay?

Thanks

Old 12-20-2017, 06:36 AM
Super Moderator

The main relay switches the hot lead for all injectors. The ECU provides a ground pulse when it wants to fire a particular injector.

I don't have a circuit drawing for 1997, but there should be links to shop manuals in a sticky thread up top somewhere.

Quick Reply: 1993 accord no strart