General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Steering Wheel Control

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2014, 03:21 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Default Steering Wheel Control

Hi all,

I'm new to the place and hopefully someone can help me. I would like if anyone have a diagram of 2002 Honda Accord EX v6 4-doors factory harness. The harness that's in the car. I would like to know which pin in SWC, Steering Wheel Control.

Thanks.

Old 04-10-2014, 03:35 PM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

Welcome to HaF!

Moved your post to correct forum for technical questions.

Suggest describing your problem. I could not find a "steering wheel control" circuit under power steering.

good luck

Old 04-10-2014, 03:40 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Default Factory harness, which pin is for SWC Honda Accord'02

Hi All,

I just got an aftermarket radio that had a SWC harness wire. However, the Honda aftermarket harness does not have that wire. Would anyone know which pin for the factory harness (the one in the car) diagram list which pin use for? I google but not sure if Pin 3 and Pin 11 is use for SWC.

I'm not sure if this is for 2002 Accord EX v6. Thank

Old 04-10-2014, 03:56 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by cat2115
Hi All,

I just got an aftermarket radio that had a SWC harness wire. However, the Honda aftermarket harness does not have that wire. Would anyone know which pin for the factory harness (the one in the car) diagram list which pin use for? I google but not sure if Pin 3 and Pin 11 is use for SWC.

I'm not sure if this is for 2002 Accord EX v6. Thank
What you posted is not the wiring pinout for a 6th generation Accord. However, for a 2002 Accord EX-V6, the Grn/Red wire at pin 3 is for the radio remote switch output. Many of the other color wires in the pinout you posted will not match your car though.

Old 04-10-2014, 04:05 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Thanks Super Mod.
Could the radio remote output be a SWC? My Accord had Vol changer on the steering wheel but after installing aftermarket radio i lose that feature. However, I just bought an Android JellyBean 4.1.1 double din and the radio harness had a 20 color wire which include SWC Key1 and SWC key2. Since the harness buy from retail store (AutoZone), it only had 14 color wire, no swc wire. Hopefully if I knew which slot is for SWC on the factory harness, i can add a male pin to "AutoZone" aftermarket harness then connect to Android radio harness so SWC work. Hope you understand me.

Old 04-10-2014, 04:24 PM
Super Moderator

Yes, it is the same. Each button on the steering wheel radio remote triggers a different voltage drop (resistance) for Volume Up, Volume Down, and Seek; it is controlled through a single wire to the audio unit.

If you're using an aftermarket audio unit, then you'll probably need a module to interface with the aftermarket audio unit (e.g., PacAudio SWI-X).

See this thread:
https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/for...-wiring-53113/

Old 04-11-2014, 08:14 AM
Newest Of Newbies

thanks for link.

Could it be this simple. See picture #1 of my actual connection.
For the light green harness, add a male pin/wire to slot 3 then connect to SWC Key1 (yellow/Green) of radio unit harness. For SWC Key2, ground that one.

After that connect to factory harness, picture #2

and here is my actual wheel. i'm not looking to advance like the link u provide. Just vol +, vol -, audio/ch is good enough for me.

Thanks for the help.

Ps: I can't access this forum from iPhone 5s. Always a txt file asking me to download or view.

Attached Thumbnails Steering Wheel Control-25frf4m.jpg   Steering Wheel Control-2yklz5h.jpg  

Last edited by cat2115; 04-11-2014 at 08:19 AM.
Old 04-11-2014, 11:47 AM
Super Moderator

I can't find any wiring instructions for the aftermarket head unit you're using; so, I don't know whether the head unit has the capability to program/map the steering wheel controls for each button switches. If it did have such programming/mapping capability, then most likely, the Grn/Red wire from the factory harness wire is probably connected to the aftermarket head unit's SWC Key 1 wire. SWC Key 2 is probably left unconnected, since your Accord only uses one control wire (i.e., the Red/Grn wire).

If your aftermarket head unit doesn't have programming/mapping capability, then you would use an aftermarket adapter such as the PacAudio SWI-X or Axxess ASWC, which would give you an interface to program/map the steering wheel audio control buttons.

Old 04-11-2014, 11:59 AM
Newest Of Newbies

Yes the radio unit and the radio harness had a built-in SWC

Item in Ebay from China: Android 4.1/4.0 Double 2 Din

Attached Thumbnails Steering Wheel Control-259vh44.jpg  

Last edited by cat2115; 04-11-2014 at 12:04 PM.
Old 04-14-2014, 02:05 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Just want to update:

By adding male pin to harness, slot 3 - next to the Red (ACC) wire and connect to radio harness then connect to factory harness, i was able to use SWC

I had an unused harness, chop that up so i can use the male wire to connect to my harness.

Quick Reply: Steering Wheel Control