General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Steering wheel not aligned

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2013, 07:09 PM
Question Steering wheel not aligned

So this started out as rotors... has blown into so much work. Going on day four (bleeder valve on both calipers snapped, cant get it out). Im just gonna get new calipers. But when I drove the car a few things happened.

First, the steering wheel was slightly rotated to the left, but the car was driving slightly to the left but not horribly. But the steering felt loose. Then I turned and heard a crack. The lug bolt I replaced came out of the hub and the brakes werent working. The bleeder valve didnt close all the way and it was leaking. I went back, jacked the car up and turn it on in first gear. The right side was spinning faster than the left. I redid the brake pads and they both are sticking a bit.

So the repairs I did were:
Rotors (both sides)
Brake pads- didnt work out, temporarily put in the old ones.
both bearings
two lug bolts
Left side tie rod end
right lower control arm
sway bar bushings
right lower ball joint

What would cause the steering wheel to misalign?

If the brakes were catching would they cause that? It was driving slightly to the left but not bad but the steering wheel was rotated to the right to drive forward. Tie rod is pretty aligned but it shouldnt be that much off.