General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

2004 Hond Accord (Automatic) - Hiccup/Stuttering Gear Shifts Post Body Work

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 12:13 PM
Default 2004 Hond Accord (Automatic) - Hiccup/Stuttering Gear Shifts Post Body Work

My 2004 Accord recently had some body work done, including the replacement of the driver side mirror. The body work was due to bumping into a parking lot poll, and after that incident the car ran fine. After picking up the car yesterday I noticed the check engine light was on and the car seems to stutter or hiccup between quick gear changes. Meaning if I build speed slowly and the gears change slowly the car seems to be fine, however if I have to speed up quickly (like in LA traffic) the car stutters or hiccups until I release the gas, and then I have to gently accelerate again. Again, the car was fine (with no check engine light on) prior to work being done on the car. Is there something with the electric or computer parts that might be causing this issue?

I seem to recall having this issue with some other really minor work I had done years ago, and it was simply that wires had been plugged in incorrectly, or it was a spark plug. Can't remember exactly, but it was a quick and simple fix by that mechanic. Does anyone know of a similar issue and how it can be resolved.

Thanks very much for any help.

Old 06-30-2011, 12:18 PM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

More likely a coincidence.

Suggest going to Autozone or other parts outlet and having the codes checked. Report back what code/s you find.

good luck