General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Traction Control Issues / 2014 Honda Accord EX-L

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2015, 09:03 AM
Unhappy Traction Control Issues / 2014 Honda Accord EX-L

PLEASE HELP!!

It's the middle of the summer.. More often than not, when I hit bump (could be a small or large bump), my traction control light flickers, I feel a rattle in the gas pedal, and I can also hear the rattle. It's very brief rattle, no more than a second, but being in the middle of summer, there's no reason for the traction control to engage.

Yesterday when I got an oil change and tire rotation, I requested they also take a look at the traction control, explaining as I did above. Mind you, I took it to the my Honda dealer's service department. They couldn't find a problem.

I turn to you guys.. What could be the issue here? What is the mechanism that engages the traction control? Could something just be loose? Could it be broken? Please let me know your thoughts.

Honda online store : 2014 accord vsa modulator parts

Thanks guys!

Old 06-12-2015, 10:16 AM

Highly recommended that you resolve this with the dealer. If that can't get it to replicate then request that a service person or tech ride with you so that you can replicate it. I recommend that you drive the roads close to the service department prior to going in and find a location that you can get it to replicate your issue. Your car is under warranty and the more times you document the issue with the dealer the more likely that if the traction control system fails after the warranty expires the Dealer and Honda Motor Corportation will cover it at no cost. Be nice, don't complain too hard and have it documented (keep your papers even though it will be in the system). If the issue is never solved and the car is near the warranty limit then it may be worth documenting it with Honda Motor Corporation directly.

Good luck and welcome to the HAF site.