General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Turn signals AND hazard lights don't work...

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2015, 10:54 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Default Turn signals AND hazard lights don't work...

Long story short, I had a minor fender bender the other day in the ice, so my front bumper came off. The turn signal bulbs are just dangling and I haven't had a chance to pop the bumper back on and bolt it back in place. One of the bulbs may have come off as well, so there is a loose wire that is completely unprotected. On my way to the local pick a part junkyard, it started raining. At some point the turn signals and hazards stopped working.

Now besides the obvious issues, getting the bumper back on, and turn signals properly protected, how do I solve my new problem?

In all the searching of the forum, everyone who's turn signals went out had working hazard lights(bad relay). But I haven't found anyone without turn signals and hazards.

I'm guessing water may have touched the live wire when I was changing lanes and I may have blown a fuse. Assuming I check the fuses and find them all in tact, where should I look next? Anyone else had this issue?

Old 01-12-2015, 11:51 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Found my copy of the Manual for the car... page 23-218 will likely be my best friend... Any guesses where my issue will be?

Old 01-12-2015, 11:54 PM
Super Moderator

Probably a short in the wiring due to the accident, which cause a fuse to blow. Check under-hood Fuse No. 35 (15A) and the Fuse No. 12 in the Auxiliary Fuse Holder (next to the under-dash fuse box).

The hazards are part of the turn signal circuit.

Old 01-13-2015, 08:16 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Blown fuse... Replace the fuse, blew again. Replaced the fuse, put light bulbs back in, didn't work.

Now the hazards work, but not the turn signal...

Old 01-13-2015, 09:05 PM
Super Moderator

Which accord in your signature is having this problem? What is the color on the loose wire? Where is this wire located?

Old 01-13-2015, 10:14 PM
Newest Of Newbies

1997 Honda Accord LX. It's the wire that runs to the turn signal bulb. The bulb was still in the housing when the bumper came off. I took the bulb out of the housing, and reconnected it to wire.

Old 01-16-2015, 06:18 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Problem Solved! There was another fuse under the dash on the left hand side. I replaced that fuse and seems to be running just fine. I will also keep an eye on my hazard switch, as I think that may be going too...

Old 01-16-2015, 07:21 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by redbull-1
Probably a short in the wiring due to the accident, which cause a fuse to blow. Check under-hood Fuse No. 35 (15A) and the Fuse No. 12 in the Auxiliary Fuse Holder (next to the under-dash fuse box).

The hazards are part of the turn signal circuit.
Originally Posted by Novaknowledgenow
Problem Solved! There was another fuse under the dash on the left hand side. I replaced that fuse and seems to be running just fine. I will also keep an eye on my hazard switch, as I think that may be going too...
Glad you got it fixed.

The fuse on the left hand side of the under-dash fuse box is Fuse No. 12 in Auxiliary Fuse Holder