General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

VSA light wont go off

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 09:43 AM
Newest Of Newbies

Hi go to typeaccord forum this is british forum you will get all the advice and information you require there if you have done less then 125k honda will repair free

Old 06-29-2012, 09:02 AM

Dear all
4 weeks ago the VSA light came up, I thought this will go away. But it stayed on. Then when I googled, I got this thread. I printed out the error code and went to Local Honda dealer. They charged £50 for diagnostics which I already knew. They said to pay £1900 for fixing this. Because I had done 63000 miles just 1000 miles outside the cut off!! I contacted Honda UK and thery were not helpful. Then I went to my local garage he said he will repaoir this. He kept the car for 5 days. Removed the VSA module and sent it to may be Essex by registered post for repair. Every thing fixed for £480 including post, labour ! Not bad ha?
Now I will never service at Honda. Don't spend more than £500 for this problem
all the best if you are reading this

Old 01-10-2013, 05:06 AM

I thinking due to the weather my light came on. Nothing wrong with the car and on one really cold morning the car was covered in ice. So I didnt leave the house - next day bang! VSA alarm. I removed the fuse under the hood and it but the ABS alarm and engine management light on -- Reset them with the OBD II but VSA light still on - did more digging and found that the part affected seems to be ABS ECU ATE MK-60 Hydraulic and on Ebay there are places were you can send the part away to be refurbished. Like I know how to take the part out?? lol LINK IS BELOW.
It's only £120. If anyone has any other information on this please let me know. LIGHT IS BUGGING ME
ABS ECU ATE MK-60 Hydraulic Honda Rebuild + 2 Years Warranty | eBay

Old 02-22-2013, 07:17 AM

Hi - I have the same issue, and the car still passed the MOT last year - but I was advised it might not this year. Has anyone got any further with this ?.

My car is an 05 - fifth generation 2.2CTDi.

Any help would be appreciated, and cannot afford £1700.

Thanks

Old 04-06-2013, 01:27 PM
Smile Try Disconnecting and re-connecting battery!!!

My father's 2007 Honda FR-V had the same issue when he returned from his holidays. After jump-starting it, as it had a dead battery, the VSA and engine management light came on and the car just would not move.

We called the AA and he tried re-setting everything. He warned that the car should be jump started with the key removed, which he said could have caused this issue.

He couldn't reset it and then his only option was to get it towed to Honda dealership for their diagnostic. Whilst he was diagnosing, we suggested that we could try disconnecting and re-connecting the battery, the AA man said, no point as he had done that through the software.

Thank God it was a bank holiday weekend and he said we would have to call back and re-book. Over the weekend one of my father's friends suggested disconnecting the battery and re-connecting it - guess what it resolved the issue - all lights are reset and no huge VSA bill (for now!).

Old 05-12-2014, 11:31 AM
Angry VSA Light

I took my Accord to dealer today. 66-1 fault requires ABS modulator all in price £2138. Bit of a rip off!

Old 05-12-2014, 03:09 PM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

Modulators are available from US salvage yards (car-part.com) and ebay for < $100. Does UK have salvage yards?

good luck