General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

VSS (Vehicle Speed Sensor), Actuator and Aerial

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2007, 07:24 PM
ukbuckstop
Unregistered
Default VSS (Vehicle Speed Sensor), Actuator and Aerial

Hello,

First post and I have three problems which I am going to try to fix myself on my old Honda AccordAutomatic 2.0i LS1995. If anyone can help I would most appreciate it...

Firstly, the speedometer which is faulty and works intermittently, and drops to 0 quite a lot. I have read the forums here and know I need to take out and clean the VSS, but I can't for the life of mefind it anywhere. I know it should be on the transmission or somewhere, but I have searched and searched and no joy. I was wondering if anyone had a 1995 accord that they could snapshot and post with a large arrow pointing at the flaming thingto show me??

The second problem is the driver window which needs a new actuator as the window shut, but slightly out of place and has damaged the rubber seal around the window, so I need to replace the actuator..is it a big job??? Any advice? And of course the seal, (which I imagine might have caused the actuator to get damaged as it was torn and was forcing the window out of line)...is this easy to replace?

The third, is the rear aerial, which goes up and down whenI turn on the CD, but doesn't retract inside the bodyfully. I have tried some WD40, which helped for a day or two, but now it stops about a third of the way down againand doesn't go right in. What canI do about this?

Any ideas or suggestions folks?

Thanks...

Old 05-02-2007, 07:27 PM
ukbuckstop
Unregistered
Default RE: VSS (Vehicle Speed Sensor), Actuator and Aerial

sorry I mean regulator for window, not ACTUATOR

oops!

Old 05-02-2007, 07:52 PM

vss firewall side of trans under throttle body
drivers window regulator, make sure and secure window when replacing, and if the run channel is damaged replace it to.
antenna, only fix is to replace the insert, takes 2 people and a special tool to take of the antenna nut.
www.collegehillshondaparts.com/ use this website it has parts diagrams, makes its easier to understand how they work

Old 05-02-2007, 08:52 PM

also on the window if you go to our DIY section I did a write up on it a while back when I replaced mine.

Old 05-02-2007, 08:56 PM
Administrator

ORIGINAL: sir_nasty

also on the window if you go to our DIY section I did a write up on it a while back when I replaced mine.
*And it was a good write-up and it works.. WheelBrokerAng