General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Warning light /_\ and TCS light.

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 03:09 PM
Default Warning light /_\ and TCS light.

Hi guys!

My name is Eddy and I'm new to the forums. I got my Accord 04 not long ago and I ran into an issue. After getting the transmission oil flushed and filled up again I ran into the following: The warning light/_\ is always on and the TCS comes on after driving for 10 seconds(or less) -- All this started after the transmission flush(which I remember seen the guy disconnect some stuff to make it easier for him to put the new liquid in) and they also connected a small computer to check the error codes on the car and clear them... So I'm not sure if them clearing the codes messed something up or the guy broke something?

Thank you in advance!

Old 01-28-2013, 07:22 PM
Super Moderator

What warning light? Check-engine light?

Places like AutoZone will usually read the error codes for free. Make sure to get the actual code number (not just the guy's description). Post it back here so we have something to go on.

Old 01-28-2013, 08:01 PM
Super Moderator

I think the OP is referring to the TCS Activation Indicator and TCS Indicator both being on.

Most regular OBD-II scanner/readers cannot read Honda ABS/TCS/SRS trouble codes. Honda Diagnostic System (HDS) and certain scanner such as Snap-On, etc. can read them.

On your generation Accord, a common problem may be due to a faulty brake light switch or the trouble code needs to be cleared with HDS and then a TCS pressure sensor neutral position memorization performed (see attached).

However, since you mentioned this all started after the guy disconnected some stuff to make it easier for him to put in the new fluid, check the connector for the left front wheel speed sensor (see attached pic.).

Attached Thumbnails Warning light /_\ and TCS light.-tcs-activation-indicator-tcs-indicator.jpg   Warning light /_\ and TCS light.-tcs-pressure-sensor-neutral-position-memorization.jpg   Warning light /_\ and TCS light.-left-front-wheel-speed-sensor-connector.jpg  
Old 01-28-2013, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by redbull-1
I think the OP is referring to the TCS Activation Indicator and TCS Indicator both being on.

Most regular OBD-II scanner/readers cannot read Honda ABS/TCS/SRS trouble codes. Honda Diagnostic System (HDS) and certain scanner such as Snap-On, etc. can read them.

On your generation Accord, a common problem may be due to a faulty brake light switch or the trouble code needs to be cleared with HDS and then a TCS pressure sensor neutral position memorization performed (see attached).

However, since you mentioned this all started after the guy disconnected some stuff to make it easier for him to put in the new fluid, check the connector for the left front wheel speed sensor (see attached pic.).

I will check this out tomorrow morning.

Old 01-28-2013, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by JimBlake
What warning light? Check-engine light?

Places like AutoZone will usually read the error codes for free. Make sure to get the actual code number (not just the guy's description). Post it back here so we have something to go on.

This is how it looks.

Old 01-28-2013, 10:08 PM
Super Moderator

Yeah, Redbull's right. The normal Autozone-type inexpensive code-reader probably won't read those codes.

Old 02-06-2013, 10:10 AM

so the problem was that a guy who connected the computer tried clearing the codes and messed something up.. another guy came in and connected another one and fix it.