Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

06 accord v6 auto - aem cold air intake causing backfire??? please help...

Old 01-09-2006, 06:11 PM
Default 06 accord v6 auto - aem cold air intake causing backfire??? please help...

So i put a cai from aem in my car, an automatic, and when i floor the thing, it backfires at gear shift. just wondering if anybody knows why this might happen sometimes, but not all of the time... thanks for any help you can offer... [:'(]

- oh yeah, check out the pics in my gallery of a tree that kicked the crap outta my honda... [:@]

Old 01-10-2006, 06:17 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: 06 accord v6 auto - aem cold air intake causing backfire??? please help...

now if anything this would be a programming problem. no big deal though.

lightshow

Old 01-10-2006, 03:03 PM
Default RE: 06 accord v6 auto - aem cold air intake causing backfire??? please help...

i'm kinda new to tuning my own car... would the programming be something that will adjust itself, or is there a way that i can adjust it myself? thanks for the reply.

Old 01-11-2006, 03:54 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

you may never lose the backfire, there is alot of stuff that has to happen for a new slushbox to change gears, during that process is probably where the backfire is originating. hondas are smart, youll notice after a while the cars attitude will change after having the intake on for a while. after you put your car to sleep at night, it wakes up the next morning and realizes that it can suck more air in. on a microscopic level the shape and character of the combustion deposits on the valves and the chamber change. the car also starts to understand that there are times when fuel efficiency is of no concern to the driver, and the computer will change the timing map before and after the optimal volumetric efficiency point. its kinda cool.

Old 01-11-2006, 12:47 PM

thank you very much for your reply - that helps put my mind to rest, for now... by the way, if anybody has an '06 accord v6, the regular AEM cold air intake was a terrific investment - the car sounds better, and the added power is unmistakable. I found mine on ebay for $100 brand new! now i just have to get it back from the body shop...[:@] see the original post in this string for the reason... peace out.