Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

i need headers y-pipe CAI Crank pulley for accord v6 09

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2010, 09:56 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Default i need headers y-pipe CAI Crank pulley for accord v6 09

i want make the accord faster than stock but with little parts for DD accord v6 4D 2009 auto gear
am palning for:
headers and y-pipe or J
crack pulley light weight
cold ram air (better if will not cancel Honda warranty)
tuning and removing speed limiter(name the brand of the module without cutting any wire or program with cable)
delete cat converter
if possible remove a muffler after the cat but without noise so the flow will be faster (i don't want to replace my exhaust system )

i want the accord to be like stock but faster than others
can u tell me a good brand name but not expensive

is my modes good and worth it and how many HP & Torque will i get

Old 06-25-2010, 12:04 AM

Finding performance parts for your car is going to be far from easy. Not only is it new, but it is a v6, and honda v6 motors do not have the same performance options as the 4 cylinders. Other than some name brand exhausts(greddy,megan racing) and cold air systems(k&n), not many other parts are available... Since your vehicle is new, most performance parts will more than likely have to be made for you...Finding tuning software for this vehicle will also be hard for you to find and will void your warranty...I wouldnt recomend removing your catalytic converter, this will void your warranty and is bad on the enviorment... Other than a C.A.I. and a cat-back exhaust, theres not much more out there for you at this time

Old 06-28-2010, 06:49 AM
Newest Of Newbies

Thanks bro for the advice
my plan now to buy j-pipe, test pipe (once a month), crank pulley

1- i heard that CAI will lose some bottom end torque, so which one will not, also i heard that Takeda is the best also its 50 state legal or its not worth so i can install K&N filter only and put any shade so the filter will not **** hot air

2-under-drive pulley very nice but am afraid it will lower the idle and will lower it more when AC is on.

3-i mailed JET and waiting for answers. do u have any info about piggyback

4- Which resonator u advice me to remove so no noise coming

5- which one better flow more but less noise muffler or resonator

i know i asked too much, sorry for that

Old 06-28-2010, 08:45 AM
Supper Moderator

Originally Posted by thedreamer
i want make the accord faster than stock but with little parts for DD accord v6 4D 2009 auto gear
am palning for:
headers and y-pipe or J
tuning and removing speed limiter(name the brand of the module without cutting any wire or program with cable)
delete cat converter
if possible remove a muffler after the cat but without noise so the flow will be faster (i don't want to replace my exhaust system )

The only things that will not void a Honda warranty are CAI and a muffler.
Everything else you want to do will void warranty. I wouldnt try to make much more power over stock b/c you have a auto tranny. They don’t like much more power...they start to fail.
Keep your stock crank pulley...they are more reliable then after market and they tend to eat your main bearings.

Thanks bro for the advice
my plan now to buy j-pipe, test pipe (once a month), crank pulley

1- i heard that CAI will lose some bottom end torque, so which one will not, also i heard that Takeda is the best also its 50 state legal or its not worth so i can install K&N filter only and put any shade so the filter will not **** hot air

2-under-drive pulley very nice but am afraid it will lower the idle and will lower it more when AC is on.

3-i mailed JET and waiting for answers. do u have any info about piggyback

4- Which resonator u advice me to remove so no noise coming

5- which one better flow more but less noise muffler or resonator

i know i asked too much, sorry for that
1. yeah prob. little bit but not much also you will gain it back in high end.

2. scratch that idea. they like to eat main bearings

3. After you install your parts find some1 who can tune your ECU and you will get the most from your parts. Im sure there are tuners in your area who can do this for you.

4. if your gonna be doing this type of work to your exhaust you might as well just get a whole new one.

5. Glass packed resantors and KEEP YOUR cat...that helps out alot when you want to stay quite

Old 06-29-2010, 12:55 AM

I first of all wouldnt advise you to do anything to void your warranty...They are like a gift from god... And if you lose it, you will regret it once something goes wrong... And once your out of warranty, their will probably be a vast amount of readily available aftermarket parts for your car ... Also I wouldnt recomend losing the catalytic converter... First off it is bad for the enviornment, Secondly you can get a ticket for driving a car on the street without a catalytic converter... The j pipes and cat deletes say for off road use only and thats where they should be used... If you want to get a better flow, get a high flow cat... Just my .02

Old 06-29-2010, 01:16 AM
Administrator
Lightbulb

am palning for:
headers and y-pipe or J
delete cat converter

You might as well forget about that warranty if your going to do that stuff to your car already member...

Old 07-06-2010, 03:43 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by WheelBrokerAng
You might as well forget about that warranty if your going to do that stuff to your car already member...
u r right

but i will remove it all when i will go to the dealer

Old 07-06-2010, 03:48 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Thanks all

u really helped me

1- i plan for takeda a lot of people advice it

2- i will take underdrive pulley but which brand is good coz i found one in ebay with good price but i don't know the brand. if i installed underdrive pulley with A/C on and gear on D while stop in traffic light no vibration will happen because of low RPM

3- i thought there is a software like up-rev for nissan that will give little HP

4- i will go with high flow cats and J-pipe which brand is good price and quality and is it worth or not, i saw in ebay j-pipe but i don't know if its good

5- Thanks in advance