Headers, Intake, & Exhaust Custom Exhaust? New Headers? Need Opinions on Intakes? Discuss making your Accord breathe better here.

so ive heard headers intake and exhaust is a waste of time unless?

Old 10-20-2015, 02:11 AM
Default so ive heard headers intake and exhaust is a waste of time unless?

You increase compression.....I have a 95 accord sohc vtec.. Would upgrading my Throttle body and fuel injectors help so the car would use the intake more efficient for the exhaust upgrade? I have basic knowledge of the car I've put coilovers entire exuast and intake have done all major services besides timing belt bye myself. So I can use tools but deff don't really know what I'm doing and I really like my car just would like to make a little faster..

Old 10-20-2015, 08:44 AM

Intake and exhaust are not a waste of time. Many will want to argue, I always state try it for yourself then talk all you want. Now my suggestion would be to upgrade youre coil and then save up for a proper aftermarket computer and pay for a tune. Then all these small but important upgrades can be maximized. Again not looking for an argument, I know these things to work, headers , exhaust, suspension and tune but it don't come cheap, but definitely cheaper than a V6 all day long.

Old 10-20-2015, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by joselito7
Intake and exhaust are not a waste of time. Many will want to argue, I always state try it for yourself then talk all you want. Now my suggestion would be to upgrade youre coil and then save up for a proper aftermarket computer and pay for a tune. Then all these small but important upgrades can be maximized. Again not looking for an argument, I know these things to work, headers , exhaust, suspension and tune but it don't come cheap, but definitely cheaper than a V6 all day long.

Coil? My car has a distributor with a rotor so do you mean upgrading that.. Also if I buy a computer to tune it I have to take it to a shop for dat or is it pretty easy to diy..and any recommendations on what kind and were to get one thank you for da reply by DA way

Old 05-17-2016, 08:20 AM

I am late to the party I know, but life is busy sometimes.

My car has a 2.4 intake, Bisi level 2 cam, Hondata s300 and headers. Dynoed at 158 at the wheels. Compression is less of a factor I think, it's the custom tune that makes it all come together.

Old 05-18-2016, 02:36 PM
Super Moderator

Another way to look at it - it's hard to make a blanket statement like that. An intake (for example) can only improve things to the extent that the stock intake is causing restriction. Many Hondas have intake & exhaust that are sorta not-very restrictive to begin with (that's a pretty vague statement).

Some big old domestic car from 30 years ago might have a very restrictive intake system. In that case, a low-restriction intake can make a dramatic improvement.

Same kind of story for the exhaust system.

Old 05-18-2016, 02:57 PM
Super Moderator

The only real differences adding an intake and exhaust will make are as follows:
  • Thinner wallet
  • More noise
  • Usually a loss in mid-range torque
  • Usually a slight bump in power at wide open throttle up near redline
  • Bragging rights along the lines of adding 22" wheels to your car

Old 05-25-2016, 07:25 PM
Almost A Senior Member

The only thing I have done to mine is a drop in K/N air filter,,and Borla exhaust,,it is plenty fast to get a ticket so Im skipping the hedder and cold air(loose term) kit,,which usually brings in hot underhood air anyways,,

If i want to go fast I jump in my Dodge SSV truck,,,

X2 on the above comments by Shipo...