New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

1991 Accord EX.... It's new to me!

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2011, 10:26 AM
Default 1991 Accord EX.... It's new to me!

Oh, why hallo there!
My name's Phil and I was recently given a 1991 Accord EX under the only condition that I had to get it out of a friend's driveway. It's far from perfect but I plan to fix it up and sell it which is why I joined. I have lots of questions and this looks like an excellent community. I live in Atlanta, GA an currently working on a BFA in Visual Effects and Motion Graphics at the Art Institute of Atlanta. The EX is the 4th car i currently own and after I sell it I plan to use the money to buy another project car, because I am of the firm belief that a man can never have enough!

The EX is the first Honda I have owned but far from the first I have worked on. Back when I was in high school the hot cars to own were the EH and EJ civics, and to admit how long ago that was, they were new at the time. I couldn't afford one BUT I did spend a lot of time in auto shop class so we saw quite a few there and on other occasions. If I may be honest, it wasn't until I bought my 944 that I realized the potential of a 4-banger, back in the day I drove big a big V8 sedan that got something like 8 mpg. Like I said before the EX is my 4th car, here is a list of my other cars:

My daily driver is a 2001 Hyundai Tiburon.
- Next week new rotors will be here for the BBK. As of current my only mods are evap and resonator delete, 17" Maxxim "grip" wheels and 205/40/17 rubber, HIDs and LED lighting. I am working on a turboed Beta 1/2 engine that uses the 2.0L short block from 2005 Elantra with lower compression pistons, mated to a 2000 Tiburon (also 2.0L) head i'm working over with the 1.8L intake cam, p&p, new vales/springs, etc. And to make it go an mfa60 trans with beta bellhousing.

My wife's dd is a 2009 Hyundai Accent which she refuses to let me touch

And my project car is a 1983 Porsche 944.
- The motor has been bored to 104mm and uses the crank, rods and pistons from the 968. After the Tib and Accord are done I'd like to go crazy with a higher bore and custom crank/rods based on the 928 stroker. The head's been p&p with bb intake valves and ITBs and I have plans to go with solid lifters and a better p&p, if I go so far as to need custom pistons I might even play with the idea of going with a 16v head. My goal is at least 300 cfm. The exhaust is a custom 4-2-1 with 3" and no cat. Spec "stage 3" full metalic clutch designed for the 951 with aluminum billet lightened flywheel and 968 6-speed trans with Quaife diff and speedo conversion make her go like stink. Torque tube and axles all custom jobs commissioned moons ago. Coilovers and lots of suspension mods, insides look pretty much stock with the exception of Sparco seats and 5-point belts from a GT3 (nice little DOT sticker on them) and modest stereo.

As you can tell I can go on about this all day but none of it's Honda so I doubt you guys care much.
As you can see as well I'm not terribly green when it comes to mods or engine work but I have a long way to go so I really hope I can learn a lot here about my Honda.

Thanks in advance for the warm welcome!

Old 06-18-2011, 11:45 AM
Administrator

Warm Welcome Has Been Sent..Thank You for joining the HAF...

WheelBrokerAng

Old 06-20-2011, 11:58 AM

hi and welcome to the forum mate, have fun with your project cars