New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

2017 Accord Touring or EX-L w/Nav and Sensing

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2016, 01:00 AM
Default 2017 Accord Touring or EX-L w/Nav and Sensing

Hey all - new member here!

I am waffling between a 2017 Accord Touring and EX-L w/ Nav and Sensing (4 cyl) to buy before the end of the year and wanted to get some advice.

I LOVE the look, design and bells & whistles of the Touring, but I would mainly use this as my commuter car (20 miles round trip daily in moderate to heavy traffic).

My practical side is wondering why I should spend a couple grand more just to get things like heated rear seats, auto beam LED headlights, a spoiler decklid and a V-6 that has lower MPG when I could just get an EX-L with what looks like all the bells and whistles for a cheaper price.

Obviously I am paying the most for the V-6 in the Touring, but I really think the Touring also looks sleeker and more stylish - but wanted to get some insight from ya'll based on performance:
  • I really dislike the wheels on everything but the Touring - how easy is it to buy 19" rims and replace? (Like REALLY dislike - this would be a deal-breaker for me if getting 19" OEM wheels on the EX-L is a lot of $$ and effort).
  • Have heard overall handling and maneuverability with the Touring is far greater and has a noticeable difference - true?
  • Does the EX-L have parking sensors with the Sensing package? The Sedan spec sheet doesn't seem to show it does (just camera)

Any advice you can give before Tuesday would be SO helpful. TIA!

Old 12-27-2016, 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by bwells3
Hey all - new member here!

I am waffling between a 2017 Accord Touring and EX-L w/ Nav and Sensing (4 cyl) to buy before the end of the year and wanted to get some advice.

I LOVE the look, design and bells & whistles of the Touring, but I would mainly use this as my commuter car (20 miles round trip daily in moderate to heavy traffic).

My practical side is wondering why I should spend a couple grand more just to get things like heated rear seats, auto beam LED headlights, a spoiler decklid and a V-6 that has lower MPG when I could just get an EX-L with what looks like all the bells and whistles for a cheaper price.

Obviously I am paying the most for the V-6 in the Touring, but I really think the Touring also looks sleeker and more stylish - but wanted to get some insight from ya'll based on performance:
  • I really dislike the wheels on everything but the Touring - how easy is it to buy 19" rims and replace? (Like REALLY dislike - this would be a deal-breaker for me if getting 19" OEM wheels on the EX-L is a lot of $$ and effort).
  • Have heard overall handling and maneuverability with the Touring is far greater and has a noticeable difference - true?
  • Does the EX-L have parking sensors with the Sensing package? The Sedan spec sheet doesn't seem to show it does (just camera)

Any advice you can give before Tuesday would be SO helpful. TIA!
The same 19" rims come on both the Touring and the Sport. When I was buying my EX-L, another customer was also buying an EX-L yet they wanted the 19" rims, so the dealership made the exchange at an additional cost to the customer.

I traded a 2015 Sport (4 cyl) for a 2016 EX-L V6... even though the 4 cyl is very responsive, in my opinion the V6 drives circles around its little brother... however, "..to each their own". May I suggest that you drive both cars, park them side-by-side and then make the decision.

My EX-L does not have the navigation system as I did not want to invest the extra money and because I would rarely use navigation... should I decide to use navigation, I can use the apps that are available (and free) by connecting my phone to the car... the maps appear on the info center screen.

Another option that I do not have is a heated steering wheel, if I had it to do over again, that is something that I might add.... then again, it would depend on what part of the country I was driving in winter.... I really like the heated front seats though.. and they come standard on the EX-L.

I'm not so sure that parking sensors are worth the money as the rear view camera is superb