General Tech Help Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

2005 Keyless Entry Not Working

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2017, 09:12 AM
Default 2006 Keyless Entry not working

Hello yall,

I am a new member. My keyless entry just stopped working a month or so ago. It will not lock, unlock, activate the alarm, or open the trunk. I have 2 sets of keys and neither of them are working. I changed both batteries and still nothing. I tried to reprogram the remotes and still nothing. They don't even light up anymore. I heard that it could be a fuse that has gone bad. I don't really want to spend hundreds of dollars getting it diagnosed when it seems like it should be a simple fix. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Natalie

Old 02-22-2017, 05:55 PM
Super Moderator

The remote doesn't light up when you press the button? The remote should light up even if it doesn't unlock the car. Make sure you installed the battery properly. The flat part with the battery number is away from the circuit board. Make sure the metal pieces are still soldered to the circuit board on the remotes.

Old 02-26-2017, 11:45 AM
Default 2005 Keyless Entry Not Working

Both of my keyless entry remotes do not work. The interior lock/unlock controls work just fine. The trunk unlock and panic button also does not work on the remotes. I have changed the battery in one of the two remotes (the Phillips driver stripped on the other), but it sill does not work. I have tried reprogramming the remote with fresh battery, but it still does not work. It would seem obvious that the remotes are the problem, but it also seem improbable for both remotes to not work at the same time.
I purchased the car used and therefore I do not know if both remotes stopped working at the same time.
The next logical step is to replace the wireless module in the car, but I don't know much about that module and am having a difficult time finding it online. I also could not find my exact situation on this forum.
Thanks in advance
Joe

Old 02-27-2017, 11:10 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome!
I don't know the answer, but I'll move this to General Tech where more people will see it.

The "New Member" area has mostly become a place for welcome & introductions.

Old 03-10-2017, 06:23 PM

anyone have any advice on this.
thanks,
joe

Old 03-10-2017, 07:32 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Originally Posted by joevdburg
anyone have any advice on this.
thanks,
joe
Welcome.
Sorry, I can't help as I'm more of a "low tech" kind of guy. Keys work very well for me.

Old 10-03-2017, 10:46 AM
Default Did you ever find a solution?

Hey Nat,

I've got exactly the same problem on my 2004 and been searching all the forums for help. I've tried new batteries, my spare keyfob, reprogramming, checked fuses, etc., and still nothing. I'm guessing it is the Multiplex control unit in the drivers door, but I can even find the part number for it. You ever get yours fixed?

Old 10-03-2017, 10:48 AM

Hey Joe,

I've got exactly the same problem on my 2004 and been searching all the forums for help. I've tried new batteries, my spare keyfob, reprogramming, checked fuses, etc., and still nothing. I'm guessing it is the Multiplex control unit in the drivers door, but I can even find the part number for it. You ever get yours fixed?

Old 10-03-2017, 03:36 PM

I ended up purchasing new keys, with guts (not just a new shell). I had to also extract the RFID (?) tag from the old keys and glue them in the new key and then getting the keys cut at the hardware store (Ace hardware)

Keys:
Amazon Amazon

they keys were not great (cheap aftermarket), but they worked.

Old 10-04-2017, 07:05 AM

Thanks for the reply and glad to hear it fixed your problem. Unfortunately I'm sure it's not the keys that are my problem. One of the two that I have and came with the car is basically new plus I even tried a new battery in it and reprogramming it too. I'm having difficulty finding the multiplex control unit part in the driver's door which I believe has the receiver for the keyless signal. That according to the posts I read and the shop manual.