New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Hi from BR/Houston

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2015, 11:05 PM
Default Hi from BR/Houston

Hi all,

Just introducing myself as part of the family! Brazilian dude soon moving to Houston - TX.

I own a 1994 Accord where I live in Brazil and soon I'll buy another one once I'm finally settled in the US, which should happen in a month or so.

It's been a long time since I used internet forums to discuss cars issues/tips and I hope I can learn a lot from you guys. I'm planning to own another old 94/95 Accord as my project car as soon as possible so any tips about tune shops/garages around Houston area would be highly appreciated.

Cheers guys

Last edited by BR_CaioPeres; 12-04-2015 at 06:43 AM.
Old 12-03-2015, 11:26 PM

Welcome to the forum, Caio Peres

Houston is a great city

May I ask, are you planning to import your '94 from Brazil?

Old 12-04-2015, 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by Prospector
Welcome to the forum, Caio Peres

Houston is a great city

May I ask, are you planning to import your '94 from Brazil?
Thanks!

I wish I could import my car but I don't really think it's worth it costwise. I also thought you could not import used cars to the US unless they're at least 25y old or am I wrong?

This is my 1994 EX with factory manual transmission and 18" Work Emotion CR Kai's

Attached Thumbnails Hi from BR/Houston-pc285-2.jpg  
Old 12-04-2015, 10:41 AM

I'm not familiar with the import laws... and, you're probably correct, the cost of shipping could exceed the cost of replacement

Good looking EX

Old 12-04-2015, 08:17 PM

Welcome to the forum. And to the US.

Old 12-04-2015, 09:08 PM
Super Moderator

If it's a US-spec car to begin with, that makes it easier (not completely painless). That means it has the safety-equipment, emission-controls, all the stuff that comes on a USA car.

I've heard from people bringing in cars from Canada pretty easily, because Honda put just about the same equipment on those cars.

Old 12-07-2015, 08:44 AM

Thanks Guys.

I am actually looking to buy this car here but I am a little concerned that it might be too cheap even though it looks very well kept, what do you guys think?

Cars for Sale: 1994 Honda Accord EX in San Leandro, CA 94577: Sedan Details - 412307619 - Autotrader

Cheers

Old 12-07-2015, 10:43 AM

Originally Posted by BR_CaioPeres
Thanks Guys.

I am actually looking to buy this car here but I am a little concerned that it might be too cheap even though it looks very well kept, what do you guys think?

Cars for Sale: 1994 Honda Accord EX in San Leandro, CA 94577: Sedan Details - 412307619 - Autotrader

Cheers
I have two friends who just bought Accords from that era, one paid $2K and the other paid $1.5K... and neither car look as good as the one you've pictured.

KBB says that the market range (depending on area) for the car you've mentioned is between $1.5K and $2.3K... average mileage of 159,466

Old 12-08-2015, 11:28 AM
Administrator
Talking Hi Member

Welcome to the forum and when you get here ..Welcome to the United States

Here's a Flag for you

WheelBrokerAng

Attached Thumbnails Hi from BR/Houston-texas.jpg  
Old 12-08-2015, 02:48 PM

Originally Posted by Prospector
I have two friends who just bought Accords from that era, one paid $2K and the other paid $1.5K... and neither car look as good as the one you've pictured.

KBB says that the market range (depending on area) for the car you've mentioned is between $1.5K and $2.3K... average mileage of 159,466
Yeah that's interesting because I just called them and the car has 300.000 miles. That probably explains the price but man that car looks really good for something that's been on the streets for so long.

I am not really worried about the engine since my plan would be a H22A4 full engine/transmission swap but it seems that even with so many miles on the clock the car is ready to roll and could drive from CA to TX with no problems.

Lets hope this car is still available within 2 months once I'm finally settled in Houston...

Quick Reply: Hi from BR/Houston