New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

honda accord 2006 security/alarm. How you know its installed?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2006, 10:18 AM
htec
Unregistered
Default honda accord 2006 security/alarm. How you know its installed?

Bought an accord 2006 se a month ago. opted out of the security/alarm feature, but realize there "feature" that i experience that i thought only pretain if you have security install.
my car will unlock/lock when the ignition is turn/off, I thought this is a feature of the security add-on. There also minor stuff as auto lock after a few second if you don’t open your car after a unlock, (this probably standard on all new accord).

anyhow, how do you know if such security system is in your car, that they forgot to remove. We were at the dealer ship till 1am so i was hoping it was a mistake that they left it on. HOW do you test? i know there no alarm cause i cant get it to ring, but can security still be install without the alarm? am such a newbie to new cars or all cars in general =(.

Old 09-27-2006, 02:28 PM
Default RE: honda accord 2006 security/alarm. How you know its installed?

sounds like those may be standard saftey features, otherwise in order to activate the alarm you'd need an arm/disarm remote, if they left it on by some strange circumstance then without the remote you still wouldn't be able to "arm" the remote. And if you did get it to arm then the car wouldn't start until you could disarm it.... so it sounds like they are standard saftey features

Old 09-30-2006, 10:35 AM
htec
Unregistered

there a security accessory add-on at honda.com that cost $200 but it doesnt include the alarm, was curious if i may have that install by accident.

Sister and Uncle have the exact 2006 accord SE but it doesnt have the "car will unlock/lock when the ignition is turn/off" so i was quite curious. Not really talking about the alarm, i can confirm i dont have that, was curious about the security thing or did they mod their car and why is it still offer for 2007 accord SE.

Old 10-03-2006, 03:48 AM

I just picked up an 06, Living in stockton, I figured should get all the security that I could. I think the $200 security upgrade is etching the key or something and they include theft insurance if your car happens to get nabbed.

My facory security system is controled through the buttons on my key, if ya got a 3 button lock / unlock / trunk that's one way of finding out if ya got the alarm. Another test to really make sure you have an alarm with the three button key, hit lock on the key while sitting inside then open the door from the inside.

I have to say, my locks don't auto lock or unlock when I through the ignition. =(

Old 10-04-2006, 03:09 AM
htec
Unregistered

yea, tried that "get in car, then lock thing, pretty sure it confirm i dont have the alarm."

am still curious about the unlock/lock when the ignition is turn off/on. that was a feature in my 2003 civic ex, if you didnt get at security/alarm package it doesnt do that lock thing. Still puzzle me that my uncle have the exact car, 2006 SE accord and it doesnt have that as well, it was manufacture 6 months before mine though.

Old 10-04-2006, 08:43 AM

the auto locks are odd, I have the fill security package and don't have em on my ex, wish I did.