New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Honda Accord EX 2001 Dashboard Problem

Old 02-19-2017, 04:30 AM
Default Honda Accord EX 2001 Dashboard Problem

Hello,

I am newbie here. I recently replaced the bulbs in my dashboards with LEDs. After done, I noticed three problems:

1. SRS light remains on all the time
2. Tachometer stuck at starting point
3. D4 gear indicator does not light up (all other indicators are OK).

Could you help me troubleshooting these? I believe some of the connectors going to the dashboards are not making good connection after I removed the dashboard to replace the bulbs.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Old 02-19-2017, 04:38 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Originally Posted by alex_lam
Hello,

I am newbie here. I recently replaced the bulbs in my dashboards with LEDs. After done, I noticed three problems:

1. SRS light remains on all the time
2. Tachometer stuck at starting point
3. D4 gear indicator does not light up (all other indicators are OK).

Could you help me troubleshooting these? I believe some of the connectors going to the dashboards are not making good connection after I removed the dashboard to replace the bulbs.

Thank you in advance for your help.
Were these problems present before you installed the leds? If not, you might need to swap them back to regular bulbs.

My son's 98 Civic had a check engine light on (after he swapped to leds), but no codes. He ended up changing it back to a standard bulb and the CEL light turned off (like it's supposed to). Just a thought, as leds draw less amperage than a standard bulb and the ECU might be looking for that extra resistance not found in the leds.

Old 02-19-2017, 07:32 PM

Thanks for your quick reply.

These problems were not present before I installed the LEDs.

Swapping them back to regular bulbs did not fix problems.

Old 02-20-2017, 11:07 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Originally Posted by alex_lam
Thanks for your quick reply.

These problems were not present before I installed the LEDs.

Swapping them back to regular bulbs did not fix problems.
The SRS light might be a seat belt sensor, that could be covered under warranty, so you might want to look into making a trip to the dealer for that one. I only say that, as my wife's 2000 Accord LX had an SRS light on when we bought it. She took it to the dealer, and they told her it needed a right front seat belt replaced. They ordered 1 up, and gave her a call to let her know it was in, and replaced it for free.

The D4 light will need more searching to find the real problem. I only say that as you won't be able to pull any transmission codes without it on. You might already have a problem, but you'll need a code scanner to find out if you have any codes already present.

You might have to look and see if you're getting a tach signal, or have power to the tach. This will require some digging into it. The dash itself comes out pretty easily then it's just a matter checking things out with a VOM.
Note; the light that is out could be related to you trying to install the LEDS. The SRS is a trouble code, and the tach might be just something simple.

Last edited by The Toecutter; 02-20-2017 at 11:12 PM.