New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New to forum

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2016, 07:59 AM
Default New to forum

I'm new to the Accord forum. Have had the Accord for about 10 months. It's actually my wife's car. I have the Civic. She loves the Accord and I love the Civic. It's nice to a part of this forum and I hope to learn about all the functionality of this Accord. I was wondering if there are any software updates that we may have missed since we have had this beautiful complex car ? Also, how do you subscribe to a thread and get an email notification. Thanks.

Last edited by Ikabob; 11-05-2016 at 08:14 AM.
Old 11-06-2016, 02:20 PM

Hello, Ikabob
Welcome to the forum

Old 11-14-2016, 05:15 PM

Greetings. Joined a few years ago, but was never an "active" member. Just jumped ship from the VW clan. Turning in my 2009 Jetta TDI back to VW next month. No more diesel! It's been a good car for all 191K miles. To replace that car I just bought a 2017 Sport SE. We have two other Accords and have been very happy with them so far. Now there are three Accords at my house. I hope to drive this car for many many years and do most of the maintenance myself. Need to clean out the garage of all the VW stuff (junk) and make room for the Honda stuff.
Look forward to learning and sharing on this forum.
Cheers!

Old 11-19-2016, 07:01 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Ikabob
I'm new to the Accord forum. Have had the Accord for about 10 months. It's actually my wife's car. I have the Civic. She loves the Accord and I love the Civic. It's nice to a part of this forum and I hope to learn about all the functionality of this Accord. I was wondering if there are any software updates that we may have missed since we have had this beautiful complex car ? Also, how do you subscribe to a thread and get an email notification. Thanks.
Not sure of the year of your Accord - there might be some updates available from the dealer, most are minor and unless you are having an issue are not needed.

At the top of a thread, there should be a "thread tools" drop down. One of the options is to subscribe to the thread. Then you have to be sure your "user controls" are set to get e-mails of subscribed threads.

Originally Posted by MacGuy
Greetings. Joined a few years ago, but was never an "active" member. Just jumped ship from the VW clan. Turning in my 2009 Jetta TDI back to VW next month. No more diesel! It's been a good car for all 191K miles. To replace that car I just bought a 2017 Sport SE. We have two other Accords and have been very happy with them so far. Now there are three Accords at my house. I hope to drive this car for many many years and do most of the maintenance myself. Need to clean out the garage of all the VW stuff (junk) and make room for the Honda stuff.
Look forward to learning and sharing on this forum.
Cheers!
At one point I had four Accord's - three of the same generation . To make myself feel better I split it up and now only have two Accord's and two Pilot's....wait, is that worse

What part of NC are you in?

Old 11-20-2016, 06:31 PM

poorman212-

I'm near you- just outside of Raleigh.

Old 11-21-2016, 05:27 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by MacGuy
poorman212-

I'm near you- just outside of Raleigh.
Cool . As you can tell by my location I'm just barely north of wake forest....so close I actually have a wake forest address but pay franklin county taxes