New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New guy in MN

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2015, 09:08 AM
Default New guy in MN

Hi all -

I'm a new member. I've used threads on this site before to assist me with repairs on my '96 Accord EX. I'm what you might call an "involuntary" DIY-er in terms of repair. I don't generally have the money to take it into a shop for every little thing - of which at nearly 20 years old, there are LOTS of little things going on with that car. I can do minor repairs that generally don't involve lots of complex procedures or specialized tools.

Anyway, I need some help on my latest odyssey into the 2.2L VTEC engine, so i figured it was about time to create an ID.

I'm not big on sharing too many personal details on the internet, but for a frame of reference, I'm a pretty ordinary guy - early 40s, have a wife & kids, a steady desk job in I.T. with a company here in the frozen tundra - er, Minnesota. I have several non-vehicular interests that consume my non-work non-car-repair time such as writing, homebrewing, and Bible study. Yes, I'm a Christian, but don't worry I'm not the evangelizing or moralizing type. I would be happy to answer questions you might have, so PM me if you feel the need.

Anyway, I will be around from time to time, likely needing repair advice.

Peace out

Old 12-30-2015, 09:41 AM

Welcome to the club. You came to the right place, these guys know everything about the Accord and they always respond in a timely manner with good information. They've helped me out countless times.

Old 12-30-2015, 09:53 AM

Good to know. Thanks Frugal!

Old 12-30-2015, 12:39 PM

Welcome to the forum, MinnDizzy

Old 12-30-2015, 01:37 PM

Thanks Prospector!

Old 12-31-2015, 06:27 PM
Administrator
Talking Welcome To The Forums..

Wishing you a great New Years ..Thank you for joining the HAf..

WheelBrokerAng

Attached Images  
Old 01-01-2016, 09:30 AM

Welcome to the forum from another Minnesota Christian member. You don't ever have to apologize for being a Christian, I appreciate the way you invite questions from others! I'm in the Northwest suburbs, how about you?

-Tim
www(dot)reigndrops(dot)org

Last edited by JimBlake; 01-04-2016 at 03:01 PM. Reason: link
Old 01-04-2016, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by WheelBrokerAng
Wishing you a great New Years ..Thank you for joining the HAf..

WheelBrokerAng
Thanks WheelBrokerAng!

Originally Posted by leftoverture
Welcome to the forum from another Minnesota Christian member. You don't ever have to apologize for being a Christian, I appreciate the way you invite questions from others! I'm in the Northwest suburbs, how about you?

-Tim
www(dot)reigndrops(dot)org
Hi Tim -
We're in Bloomington, although we may be moving west. Have to sell our house first.
As for the questions, in college I was one decision away from atheism; I've come a long way from the parties and the women back then. If what I learned from my struggles can help others past the same roadblocks & misconceptions I used to have, all the better - I think our weaknesses can become strengths in that regard, particularly if we find ways to use them in service.

Last edited by JimBlake; 01-04-2016 at 03:02 PM. Reason: link
Old 01-04-2016, 03:08 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the site.

I made the links non-active just so this doesn't turn into a special exception from the rule about links. Anyone can still figure out how to get to that site. I hope you understand & I hope you all had a good Christmas & new year.

Old 01-04-2016, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by JimBlake
Welcome to the site.

I made the links non-active just so this doesn't turn into a special exception from the rule about links. Anyone can still figure out how to get to that site. I hope you understand & I hope you all had a good Christmas & new year.
<<snipped an ignorant reply>>

Gotcha - link was in the sig which was in the quote. My bad!

Quick Reply: New guy in MN