New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New Member & New 08' Honda/Accord Owner

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 04:32 PM
Default New Member & New 08' Honda/Accord Owner

hey members,

new to the forum, new to Honda, new to an Accord... my family has owned many Acura's (1st gen/1st yearIntegra, 94' Legend & 98' 3.5RL), just bought my 08' V6 Blue on Black Lthr Coupe this weekend, about 260mi on it right now and paitently waiting for 600mi to do that first full throttle acceleration... so far absolutely love the car... got everything except NAV & Bluetooth

[IMG]local://upfiles/15189/2121E6DC2B7C404787421BD4EFB2B510.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/15189/00CB3AC020C04BD993ED09EBB5D3CA1C.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-28-2008, 11:56 PM
Administrator
Default RE: New Member & New 08' Honda/Accord Owner

Hello New Member:

Thank You for joining up with us ...

WheelBrokerAng

Old 02-29-2008, 09:21 AM

She looks really good man

Old 02-29-2008, 10:03 AM

thanks for the welcome and comments guys... i have to admit i was numb for about 2 days after i bought it (coming from a 99' Toyota Tacoma 4x4 which was my 1st brand new car). only thing i was going to trade my truck in for was either another Toyota or Hondaand luckily for me these came out around the right time... absolutely love the car and plan on keeping this one as long as the truck if not longer.

up to 400 mi now and 1st fill up, still havent stomped on it [sm=smiley4.gif]

am getting fronts tinted this afternoon and my buddy is a 3M Cert installer for Scotchguard, will get a clear bra put on the front in about 2 weeks...

Old 02-29-2008, 03:54 PM

Welcome to the site. That was the color I thought I was going to get, but chose San Marino instead.

Old 03-03-2008, 12:48 AM

well, at about 640mi for the 1st week... think i like to drive it

initial impressions now that ive had a chance to hustle it around a little bit... straight line acceleration is strong & linear, it pulls to redline just as strong at low rpm's as it does above 6k rpm's... kinda gives an impression of not going as fast as you really are... i opened it up on a stretch of hwy where i was aleady doing about 55-60mph and before i knew it i was at 110mph... too bad its limited to 130. which gets me to my point. off the line you're not really going to "wow" anyone, but punch it when you're already cruising and i'll mess around with 350z's & G35's all day. car does push noticeably when you take it into turns, but with the weight, weight distribution & fwd set up, thats to be expected. those mid speed twisty's 35-45mph is where this car's shortcomings are. low speed stuff it sticks very well, and i dont think i need to touch base regarding high speed sweepers. know that im not going to be purchasing the oem Michellin's once its time... and i'll probably look into some Brembo's or Baer's once the time comes, maybe some coil over's, springs and beefier strut bars as well. i'll need to check with Honda about warranty because i have the ext 7yr 100k warranty plan. be nice if HFP came out with an upgraded suspension and brake kit, id buy those over the 19" anyday. overall, still love the car, gets tons of looks & comments... only come across 2 others so far in my town north of LA, and both not my color...

Old 03-03-2008, 08:13 PM

So i went to my dealer to get the Deck Lip Spoiler for my I4... god damn honda doesnt sell it for the I4s but does for the V6s?

WACK!

Old 03-03-2008, 08:25 PM
Almost A Senior Member

sweeet ride man! i'm jealous, would've been even better if it was a MT !!

Old 03-04-2008, 12:10 AM

ORIGINAL: xpieceofcralpx

sweeet ride man! i'm jealous, would've been even better if it was a MT !!
thanks man... i originally wanted a 4cyl 5spd MT... but after test driving this, and since it was going to be my daily driver, the V6 w/ the AT is plenty fine... i wouldnt get the 4cyl w/ the AT, it labors a little on heavy accleration, butlike i said, with this motor the AT is just fine, perfect car for Vegas runs! sure itd be blast to row my own gears, but also having to battle LA traffic a few days a week, im glad i got the AT, just cruise, and if i want, stomp on it and 120mph shows up in no time.

because its a daily driver, no engine mods (plus with the ext warranty)... i am however going to look into the HFP suspension kit when it comes out. usually just warrantied if installed when purchased, but im going to talk to Honda Corp about that one.

Old 03-06-2008, 12:00 PM

well, had some unfortunate rattles present themselves over the last week. i specifically made a point to live with them over the last 5-7 days to see if it was something that would go away... you know, new car, new fittings, etc... but these persisted, so i took back to the dealer this morning to get looked at:

1) in the rear deck above the rear seats near the subwoofer, was getting a gnarly vibration from the speaker when low, sharp base was hitting. could tell from the sound and some investigating that it wasn't the actual speakers vibrating/rattling but the sub causing something up in the deck to rattle. service manager & technician both deducted it was something loose from the dealer installed tint in the rear, and quarter panel windows. supposedly when getting the large rear window tinted, the whole window and subsequent housing & fitting needs to be removed, so they think it's something that wasn't tightened in the process... not to big of an issue, shouldnt be a problem to fix im told

2) in the dash above the board where the console meets the windshield the car has developed a consistent rattle when moving. doesnt happen initially when cold but by the time i get to work (15 minute drive) it's very apparent. can't quite hear at higher speeds because of road/tire nose, etc... but driving anywhere on surface streets < 40mph it rattles pretty well. this one im told is going to be a pain in the @ss, though hopefully not so. because of the location, im thinking they'll pop the windshield out and check around the fittings and the dash vent to see what's up.

either way, hopefully both will be resolved today. at first i thought i was being a little nit picky, and then i thought about it, and being a new car close to $30k i realized it shouldn't have these "issues". driving the loaner the svc manager was nice enough to provide only re-affirmed by thoughts as this 06' sedan thrasher was "quieter" than my 2 week old 08' as far as cabin rattles... like i said, hopefully won't be too much of an issue todday

Quick Reply: New Member & New 08' Honda/Accord Owner