New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New member from North Carolina

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2016, 04:08 PM
Default New member from North Carolina

Afternoon all, just signed on in an effort to stay abreast of current problems and tips. I have a 2000 EX coupe which has been our best car ever but now is beginning to drive me nuts with intermittent failure to start problems related to the old 2000 V-6 "heat soak"???? symptoms. More on that later.

Old 09-16-2016, 06:54 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to HAF......gastonia is a bit of a drive from raleigh/wake forest area....but if you ever find you way around here let me know.

I hate to start out with "throw parts" at an issue,,,,but an OE T-stat is pretty cheap, some have had luck with just replacing the old one for a new OE one to get the "heat soak" issue to go away....or at least to be able to live with it.

And to thiink the just changed to winter blend gas, make the issue show up more often, you might be in for a fun fall/winter.

Please start a thread in General Tech, give the details and I'm sure some will be willing to help and give ideas.

Old 09-16-2016, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by poorman212
I hate to start out with "throw parts" at an issue,,,,but an OE T-stat is pretty cheap, some have had luck with just replacing the old one for a new OE one to get the "heat soak" issue to go away....or at least to be able to live with it.

And to thiink the just changed to winter blend gas, make the issue show up more often, you might be in for a fun fall/winter.

Please start a thread in General Tech, give the details and I'm sure some will be willing to help and give ideas.
Thanks for the suggestion. I've been living with this for 2-3 years and it just gets progressively worse with some symptoms not normally associated with the initial symptoms. It even refuses to start sometimes now in the morning with a cold engine. I'll have to work up an outline with the sequence of events and symptom trail and post it in the next few days. RT