New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

New Member from TN

Old 08-17-2014, 08:58 AM
Default New Member from TN

Hello all,
I am new to the site and would like to introduce myself...Cory from TN. My wife has a red 2006 Honda Accord EX V6 2 door with 160k. We purchased the car about 4 years ago from the orginal owner with 90k on it. Other than changing the oil there hasnt been any maintence done other than replacing the serpentine belt and power steering pump which I have done. I have a GMC Sierra Denali which I am very particular about maintaining and do most of the work myself. Ive always shyed away from working on foreign vehichles but that is about the change, which brought me here today. Yesterday the wife calls me and the car is all of sudden running terrible and she is 3 hours from home. UGGGHH. Had Triple AAA tow it to Firestone and found out the EGR valve is clogged. They cleaned it out for free and she make it back home OK. I plan on replacing that today. One reason no maintence has been done is because a couple years ago we recieved a recall notice ( i cant remember what) and took it to the dealer for repair. While there I asked the tech about general maintence and was concerned because there was no schedule in the owners manual. He told me about the Maintence Minders that will show up on the dash, which we have not had any appear to this day. He also said we really didnt need to do anything till 200k miles and not to worry. I thought that sounded strange but the car has always ran great and I know Hondas are known for long life so I left it at that. After yesterdays incident/wake up call I spent some time researching online and found the car needs some important service work done, especially the timing belt. Sorry for the long intro but I hope to gain some knowledge here and get the car all tuned up over the next few months.

Old 08-17-2014, 09:35 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome to HAF.

What part of TN - I could cheat and look it up. I lived in Memphis for a LONG time, still have family there and about an hour west of Nashville.

Yea, there are some things that need to be taken care of. Timing belt "job" is a ~100K or seven year thing. I say "job" as there are some other things that should be replaced and inspected while you are there.

Then there are the fluids - trans (auto and manual trans need service), PS, brake.

Thanks for joining.

Old 08-17-2014, 10:38 AM

About an hour south of Knoxville in a small town called Greenback.

Old 08-18-2014, 05:49 PM
Super Moderator

Cool - again welcome to HAF from a "former" resident of TN

Old 08-19-2014, 03:30 PM
Administrator
Talking Hello New Member

I see you are from TN..just because you are ..here is a Flag for you to have..

Welcome to the HAF

[/COLOR]

Attached Thumbnails New Member from TN-tennessee.jpg