New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Newbie w/1996 Accord EX Coupe, 5 Spd

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 12:05 AM
Wink Newbie w/1996 Accord EX Coupe, 5 Spd

hi yas!! i'm a newbie here to this forum and looking to enjoy myself w/my new found honda friends while in pursuit of my goal of turning my lil ol car into something i can be proud to ride around in. ok, to start off i guess i should say that i have little to no knowledge when it comes to car lingo so bear w/me pls. i will learn and make a good attempt at getting a grasp at what's going on.

alright, well i was in a front end collision in oct 2010. i have a mechanic working w/me to get some repairs done. i need the airbags replaced, radiator replaced, my car makes a squealing noise when i'm accelerating in first and second gear so he thinks it's the clutch assembly that needs replacing. my left light has a short. my driver door won't open from the interior handle. the driver window is slow to go up. ac works but isn't the greatest. weather stripping? is torn. paint chipped and faded from sun damage i guess? battery corrosion. power steering pump leak but mechanic said he could fix it. bumper bar needs fixing or replacing? idk everything the mechanic told me, but as you can see, i have some things that need to be done to get my car running well.

so.... after all is fixed, what i'd really like to do is update it. i've seen some pics and vids of engine work, all those colorful things that make the car sound great. idk what those are. i think i get good gas mileage. i'd like to keep it that way or improve on it if it's possible. i want it to sound like a deep roar. install some 212's. get a body kit. paint her up pretty. kinda tossing around the idea of racer seats or just re-upholstering w/leather. digital screen to control music and idk dvd?

i know it'd be quite some money into getting from where i am to the final product and want an idea of this if i'm getting in over my head into way above a reasonable monetary contribution towards this goal, but if i'm off to a good start then i'll start and finish her off the right way. anyone who can give good advice and input is truly appreciated. i know we all have a life outside of the honda forum. i'm a mother of two little kids and work full time so i understand that time is valued and precious. thanks again peeps. and wish me luck

Old 04-25-2011, 12:38 AM
Administrator

Hi New Member..Just start out by reading the forums and get used to useing the SEARCH engine...it works...Most of all learn to post where your supposed to and Above All...READ the posting Rules and follow them 99%

WheelBrokerAng

Old 04-26-2011, 08:04 PM

sorry.... it was the middle of the night and i was tired. my fingers did the thinking, not my head lol. omw to the forums now

Old 06-16-2011, 12:00 AM

can you possibly upload photos of the car as you're going along with fixing it. My 97 accord just recently got pretty banged up, and before I go about moving or fixing it, I'm trying to learn from others what I am looking at as far as repairs are concerned. I am pretty optimistic about fixing it, and am searching junkyards for what I will need. I am the 2nd owner to my car and it only has 157K, so the last thing I'd like to do is get rid of it.