New Member Area Are you new? WELCOME! Check in, tell us about yourself and your ride.

Questions About 2016 Accord

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2016, 03:38 PM
Default Questions About 2016 Accord

This thing is like a Rocket Ship compared to my old Accord. I have two questions: I'm trying to figure out how to use the Voice Command for directions. Second, the rear view mirror: Is there a tab to switch it from day to night? I can't find it. Thanks

Old 04-29-2016, 06:32 PM

Hello, Eaglesclaw... welcome to the forum

You've not mentioned which trim level your Accord is, however, since you are asking about a day-night tab on your 2016, we can assume that what you have is the self-dimming mirror.

I too have a '16, mine is an EX-L and has the dimming mirror... indeed, the mirror is one of my few complains about the car, in that (for me) it does not seem to dim enough

You're right, this car has great acceleration. Enjoy

Old 04-29-2016, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by Prospector
Hello, Eaglesclaw... welcome to the forum

You've not mentioned which trim level your Accord is, however, since you are asking about a day-night tab on your 2016, we can assume that what you have is the self-dimming mirror.

I too have a '16, mine is an EX-L and has the dimming mirror... indeed, the mirror is one of my few complains about the car, in that (for me) it does not seem to dim enough

You're right, this car has great acceleration. Enjoy
Thanks Prospector - Yes, I have the EXL too - you're right, it isn't dim enough.

Old 04-29-2016, 10:06 PM

Originally Posted by eaglesclaw
Thanks Prospector - Yes, I have the EXL too - you're right, it isn't dim enough.
I went on line and purchased a clip-on blue tinted mirror that easily fastens over the existing rear-view. The blue tint helps during both day or night and since it is a bit longer than the original, it also offers a better overall view. I've also seen these add-on, blue tinted mirrors for sale in local auto parts stores. Merely a suggestion

Old 04-30-2016, 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by Prospector
I went on line and purchased a clip-on blue tinted mirror that easily fastens over the existing rear-view. The blue tint helps during both day or night and since it is a bit longer than the original, it also offers a better overall view. I've also seen these add-on, blue tinted mirrors for sale in local auto parts stores. Merely a suggestion

Great thanks!