Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

I really need some help with nitrous questions for a 09 accord

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 02:16 PM
Default I really need some help with nitrous questions for a 09 accord

Hi guys, I need some help for a friend of mine this is actualy his account and his car but he doesnt know anything about cars. He has decided to purchase a Sniper Nitrous System for his 09 honda accord 2.4 auto and I dont want him to blow his motor. I come from the J-body scene and now am modding a 2011 scion tc 6 speed man 2.5

I have never owned a honda nor driven one but if you could help me out with some info about what is needed for the accord to be on spray I would really appreciate it. and if any of you guys get in to the Tc I am on Clubsciontc.com (byronthecarguy).

Thanks in advance for any info you can share.

Old 07-06-2011, 04:03 PM
Super Moderator

Well its pretty much the same for the Accord as any other car.

I just finished putting nitrous in my car and these are the things I would recommend just to be safe, they aren't necessarily needed but are a good idea, especially if he is running more than a 50 shot.

Fuel pressure regulator
Wideband
Upgraded fuel pump
Nitrous blow down tube
Colder spark plugs

Old 07-09-2011, 05:04 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Originally Posted by azpride06
Hi guys, I need some help for a friend of mine this is actualy his account and his car but he doesnt know anything about cars. He has decided to purchase a Sniper Nitrous System for his 09 honda accord 2.4 auto and I dont want him to blow his motor. I come from the J-body scene and now am modding a 2011 scion tc 6 speed man 2.5

I have never owned a honda nor driven one but if you could help me out with some info about what is needed for the accord to be on spray I would really appreciate it. and if any of you guys get in to the Tc I am on Clubsciontc.com (byronthecarguy).

Thanks in advance for any info you can share.
so explain to me why you would put NOS into a 09 accord automatic at that? this is a stupid idea. if the motor is stock he will blow the motor in no time. I suggest swapping the motor out then taking the head to the machine shop and opening it up a little. this will give you a motor for NOS and a spare motor just in case you blow the aftermarket one.

Old 07-11-2011, 12:36 AM
Administrator

This has been moved from new member to here where it belongs..continue the discussion guys ...and remember to be nice...WheelBrokerAng

Old 07-11-2011, 07:26 AM
Supper Moderator

the k24 engine can handle the nitrous...if tuned right you can slam 100shot through that motor. A 75shot would be the safer bet.
Now with him being auto trans I would not even attempt to add nitrous. Adding more power over stock on honda auto trannys will cause a very very very short life span on his trans.

Originally Posted by 97 special edition
so explain to me why you would put NOS into a 09 accord automatic at that? this is a stupid idea. if the motor is stock he will blow the motor in no time. I suggest swapping the motor out then taking the head to the machine shop and opening it up a little. this will give you a motor for NOS and a spare motor just in case you blow the aftermarket one.
Ok this made no sense what s ever....the k24 is the biggest and badest honda 4 cyl power plant that honda makes right now. It's a very strong engine. So saying putting any type of nitrous through the engine will make it blow up. Your very wrong there. Every engine has a limit...honda engines limit on a bone stock engine is around 75-100shot...does not matter if it's a rinky dinky d15 or a big power plant h22/k24. Also what other engine can you swap into his engine bay? v6??? HA- the k24 is faster Even with the 160hp k24 it can hang with a v6. So I'm not understanding your theory on this???
Also who makes "after market" honda engines?
..and how dose opening up the head more make this "a motor for NOS" Doing a port or even a vale job dose not beef the engine up for nitrous by any means. Doing rods pistons is what will save your engine. Nitrous causes pressure in the cyl that puts stress on your piston rings causing them to fail and have blow by. OR if you don't have a timer for your nitrous to stop be4 redline then you can have the nitrous blow up in your intake manifold and cause engine failure.

So bottom line don’t install the nitrous to a Honda auto trans. Unless you plan on doing a manual trans swap.

Old 08-06-2012, 10:03 PM

Does this go for all auto honda trans? I have an 08v6auto and was going to throw nitrous on it. I'm assuming I shouldn't from what I'm reading? . And can you explain why not? I've seen auto cars even hondas bottle fed what's so bad about it?

Old 08-23-2012, 11:47 PM
Supper Moderator

the trans will have a short life span if you add much more power over stock. If you spray maybe once a week should be fine. But if your like me and go out and wanna play with it your gonna spray 10-15times a night once or twice a week. That will cause the trans to just simply fail. Manual swap would be the way to go then you can spray all day everyday...at the point you will reduce your life span on the engine before the trans will fail