Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

Looking to Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 12:48 AM
killen89
Unregistered
Default Looking to Turbo

I have an 01 2dr accord (engine specs in sig.) andI was wondering if it is a good idea to put a turbo on the engine I have, and if so what type. It is already quick but I
def want a little more pickup. If not a turbo possibly some other suggestions for mods. I recently did the exhaust and next will probably be the suspension
and wheels, any other ideas would be appreciated.

Old 02-01-2008, 08:23 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Looking to Turbo

You put a dual exhaust on a 4cyl with flowmasters? Wierd...

Anways -

Do or have a leakdown test done and get back to us. How many miles are on the car

Old 02-01-2008, 10:15 AM
killen89
Unregistered

Ya I know the dual exhaust seems wierd but it acctually sounds really good, gives a nice deep tone.
The car has 220k miles on it but it runs like new. The previous owner was a little old lady so the clutch is perfect and
it had regular maintenance its whole life, runs like a champ.

Old 02-01-2008, 10:32 AM

ORIGINAL: killen89

I have an 01 2dr accord (engine specs in sig.) andI was wondering if it is a good idea to put a turbo on the engine I have, and if so what type. It is already quick but I
def want a little more pickup. If not a turbo possibly some other suggestions for mods. I recently did the exhaust and next will probably be the suspension
The most commonly used turbo is a T3/T4.... If you've got the exhaust might as well do an intake upgrade too... With 220k miles on it a compression test might be a good idea (as blkcurrantkord mentioned) before you add the turbo

Old 02-01-2008, 11:09 PM
killen89
Unregistered

ORIGINAL: sir_nasty

ORIGINAL: killen89

The most commonly used turbo is a T3/T4.... If you've got the exhaust might as well do an intake upgrade too... With 220k miles on it a compression test might be a good idea (as blkcurrantkord mentioned) before you add the turbo
Already did the intake, I put on a "Spectre" Performance Air Filter with a 3" diameter ported hose through the front triangle shape next to my grill.
What type of shop could I have a compression test done at? I'm still a little new to all this.

Old 02-04-2008, 09:17 PM
SuicideAccord03
Unregistered

Don't want to steal your thread, but looking to do the same for my 03 coupe. 90,000kms on it. I have to fix the suspension first, but where would "we" get the right turbo ? any sites you guys have shopped from and suggest?

You have pics of your 01??

Old 02-05-2008, 05:30 PM

Dual exhaust robs you of low-end torque, but if you turbo it, they may help you. As nasty saied, T3/T4 is the most common, but I prefer smaller turbos since you will likely never have the proper build to take advantage of the T3/T4's potential. I feel that the turbo should be matched to the output that it will be used for ..... not just the trim. Personally, for the F23, I'd lean more toward the GT25 than the T3/T4.

Old 02-06-2008, 12:04 AM
killen89
Unregistered

ORIGINAL: SuicideAccord03

Don't want to steal your thread, but looking to do the same for my 03 coupe. 90,000kms on it. I have to fix the suspension first, but where would "we" get the right turbo ? any sites you guys have shopped from and suggest?

You have pics of your 01??
No worries, I'd rather have 2 people get the same thing accomplished in one thread. I dont have any current pictures at the moment, I just bought the JDM black front headlights for it that I need to have installed since I dont have the tools with me up at school (jackasses at pep-boys wanted 100-200 bucks just to install em, f that s.)Once I put those on i'll probably post some pics of it.

The GT25 sounds more like the turbo i'm looking for, nothing extravagant, something like 10 psi. I acctually havent noticed any low end torque loss thankfully which I was worried about whenI chose to do the dual exhaust. After I did the intake it choked pretty hard around 3500-6000 rpm but it breathes really well now. I have noticed a little less pull in the higher gears/RPMs though, i'm guessing it has something to do with lower back pressure? Either way I'm not too concerned, it still gets going pretty well but I still want a small turbo for some extra kick.

Old 02-06-2008, 07:53 AM

The T25 is super small for the F23. A 16g or 20g would be a better choice. My brother has a 16g on his D16Y7 and it hits full boost by 3-4k rpms.

Old 02-06-2008, 03:40 PM

with something smaller then a t3 i would imagine that it would spool at 3k if not less on a f23.....

Quick Reply: Looking to Turbo