Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

Running WAYYY too rich with DSM's

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2006, 05:30 PM
Default Running WAYYY too rich with DSM's

Alright gang, here's my latest dilema. Just installed some DSM 450cc injecotrs on my turbo accord and now it's running WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY too rich (surprise!!) I reset the ecu to try an make it relearn its self, and that seemed to help a little, but when I go for boost and the fmu starts to kick in, the motor just dies because of all that gas going in. And the idle is super rough.

should I reset the computer again? or maybe take out the FMU? Or maybe I need the SAFC my friend just sold.

I'm going to have to go back to OEM ones if I can't get this working before 6, since it's my only day to work on my car. What a cruel world... heh, thanks in advance for the help guys.-

Old 04-21-2006, 06:54 AM
Default RE: Running WAYYY too rich with DSM's

I'm by no means an expert, but maybe if I throw my ideas into it you can get something out of it. With that said, it's definitely worth reseting the ECU again and seeing if it learns. Make sure to let it idle for 10minutes and hope for the best. If that doesn't work, I'd suspect that the ECU or FMU is thinking that the stock injectors are still on there and if thats the case, the pressure required for the stock might be used for the new injectors still, which is gonna be causing that extra fuel going in. Don't happen to have any programming software or anything as of yet? Maybe that helped you think of the right answer? lol, good luck man.

Old 04-21-2006, 07:33 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

put the old ones back in until you get it figured out.

Old 04-21-2006, 12:47 PM

One consideration might be, you have the fmu and a large bore fuel rail, which gives it the ability to push a little bit more then the stock fuel rail. Maybe fmu's need to be ratioed based on injectors and the fuel rail? After all those injectors are able to push a lot more fuel in. OR it could be that you were unfortunate enough to have a set of bad injectors, but whats the likelyhood of all 4 being bad?

Old 04-22-2006, 10:21 AM

Well the OEM ones are back in. I didn't let it idle for 10 mins after swapping them, but I did let it idle untill it seemed to idle more smoothly. Then I took it out for a spin and as soon as the boost gauge started to get near boost, it would just be way too much fuel.

I have my hondata s200 sitting here next to me. Alls I need is the cable to connect it to the P06 (right next to me too) and the OBD2a to OBD1 cable. Maybe I should go for it?

Old 04-22-2006, 02:22 PM

I think ou should based on the fact it will clean everything up for you and have better fuel maps in general, i cant remember does s200 have sense boost? if it does, that would be even better. But yeah, i think just maybe the fmu may be the reason the 450cc's are running rich, but if you install the s200 you may not need the fmu anyways.

Old 04-22-2006, 05:01 PM

http://hondata.com/s200.html

It appears it does not come with the boost control. They make you pay extra to unlock it or whatever, but the tunable fuel and ignition tables are what I'm thinking could really help too. It looks like they charge close to another 430 dollars if you want to tune it yourself though.

Old 04-23-2006, 12:01 AM

yea you wont need the fmu with the s200.......and sorry mbo i was sure the dsm's would go in without a glitch but i guess i was wrong

Old 04-23-2006, 04:39 AM

yeah i think those are offered programs for a pc, most places charge about that for a fully functional application like that.

mbo, get that remote oil cooler kit, its niiice about the only thing i can suggest with that is maybe getting a few extra feet of steel braided line, 2 couplers and 2 reuseable ends, reason i say is that even though it comes with 13.6 feet theres that whole if factor in there where you may need a little bit extra length. And i think its going to be fun taping the oil pan............ ugh.......

Old 04-23-2006, 03:12 PM

been thinking about your problem and i think i have it figured out.

what fuel pressure regulator are you running?

and you had the blue top dsm injectors in there right?

Quick Reply: Running WAYYY too rich with DSM's