Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

turbo questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2013, 01:11 PM
Default turbo questions

I need to get some knowledge about turbo charging my 2012 honda accord se. What all needs to be done before the actual installment of the turbo charger. What kit I need to install ( PLACE TO BUY THE KIT) and other parts I need to upgrade before installing.Should I super charge instead of turbo, What is most easiest on my car, What easiest to install? this type of information I have no idea what to do. I dont know much about tuning cars real new to this so any help would be awesome before I make my choice.

Last edited by DIAMONDZ; 03-28-2013 at 01:16 PM.
Old 03-28-2013, 11:24 PM

give up now

Old 03-29-2013, 12:22 AM
Super Moderator

I always suggest leaving the car stock.

I don't know of kits for the 2012 accord engine. I think that you would need a PCM that can be tuned as well. Searching the web may give you some more information.

You may want to post in the mod/engine forum, because gen tech help is more for typical repairs.

Old 03-29-2013, 09:41 AM
Super Moderator

they do make some out of the box kits, but they're very expensive. here's a couple: corvette, porsche, camaro, mustang GT...etc

Old 03-29-2013, 09:54 AM
Super Moderator

Look at Joey's wide body build thread. He goes into how to supercharge it and it seems like a pretty easy set up.

Turbo charging I never recommend buying a kit, because you will over pay for parts. Buy the parts piece by piece on your own, you will save money and get the exact set up you want.

You are probably looking in the $4-5,000 range to turbo or supercharge your car.

Old 03-29-2013, 10:32 AM

Yeah me and joey been talking a little bit about that set up he has. (NICE) but my vehicle seems so hard to find parts that would boost the cars hp and performance everyone says you drive a family car parts are not available for it.( Maybe ill just leave the turbo/supercharging for my wifes 370z). I tried to find a downpipe for the honda and is was just a nightmare skunk2 said they will never produce them and other manafactures said about the same thing. Anyone know where i can find the down pipe for this car?

Old 03-29-2013, 11:38 AM
Super Moderator

Well being a family car certainly doesn't help with performance parts, but also being so new means it hasn't given manufacturers too much time to make parts for them.

Have you checked out andy's auto sport? They seem to have the best selection or parts so maybe they have some parts for your car.

Old 03-29-2013, 12:12 PM
Super Moderator

if you really want to increase performance, put a dry NOS system in, cheapest bang for the buck...my .02 cents on this topic

Old 03-29-2013, 12:42 PM

Been going back and forth with a friend of mine hes telling me to try this out Hondata which is a EMS (Engine Management System) and get a pro tune to get more power out of it. Sounds like a mod chip. looked this up online seems to tell the motor to force induction which I guess is forcing air into the intake from what im reading correct me if I am wrong. What does eveyone think about this? Bad for my motor does it shorten the life? Can this blow my motor up by forcing way to much air into it if im driving hard? Asked the retailers but these clowns just want to sale so im asking everyone here to see what you think? Hey DR. I did some research on the dry system that is very very nice I like that idea to as well. What do you think about the EMS plus that we will be talking major diffrence? Or would the dry system play with the EMS to much

Last edited by DIAMONDZ; 03-29-2013 at 01:22 PM.
Old 03-29-2013, 02:00 PM
Super Moderator

Done incorrectly, NOS, a turbocharger, or a supercharger will destroy the engine. Done correctly, the engine will develop more power but will most likely have a shorter life span.

Quick Reply: turbo questions