Nitrous, Super Chargers, & Turbos All charged talk about going FAST.

twin turbo help

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2005, 03:11 PM
Default twin turbo help

im kinda new to the turbo tech and specs but i do no most of the basics. i wuz wonderin if you gonna go the twin turbo route on your car if two differnt sized turbos is gonna be effective. a smaller one so there is less spool up and less lag, then a larger one to produce the heavy boost to really get goin. I thought i herd something like that somewhere so i thought id ask. thanks

Old 10-20-2005, 02:47 PM
Administrator
Default RE: twin turbo help

with what motor? when you have two turbos feeding into the same TB they would need to be the same size, but if youre running a system as on the 2JZ, where one turbo feeds the next turbo, which in turn feeds the TB, typically, yes, the first turbo is smaller, thus reducing spool time

Old 10-21-2005, 12:28 PM

I really don't know what motor it is. I gotta stock 96 accord lx 2door. i know it's a 2.0 4 banger but thats about it. where could i find out what motor it is??

Old 10-24-2005, 10:41 AM

Twin turbo on 4cyl...unnecessarily expensive and counterproductive. Twin turbo wouldn't be as safe and effective as a single turbo setup on your engine.

Old 10-24-2005, 03:44 PM
Administrator

6thgen is correct, a single turbo setup should be just fine for just about all street use.

Old 10-24-2005, 08:15 PM

Okay, thanks. Im lookin to get about 300 horses out of the engine. I know it will take alot more than just a turbo but that will help the numbers signifacantly. I am planning on redoin the entire engine, cams, gears, pullies, crank, valve springs, ect... Do you guys recomend any turbo kits in particular? I was kinda eyein the turbonetics turbo kit but am still resarchin so any suggestions will be takin with appreciation.
http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/pm...tics+Turbo+Kit

Old 10-25-2005, 11:37 AM

To maintain 300whp on a 150hp car you'll be safer going with the Drag Gen IV kit. It's easier to upgrade the fuel system and management. Which will save you money in the end, but you'll need a OBD1 conversion and Hondata (need good experienced technician for this) or AEM EMS (standalone) and bigger injectors. along with a few other goodies involving fuel and internals. Or you coudl go custom, it'd cost the same if not less! Don't forget a clutch that can hold the power and torque.

Old 10-26-2005, 06:05 PM
Administrator

either way, its gonna be expensive and difficult...

Old 11-11-2005, 02:56 AM

If you build the motor you can get that kind of power with around 20psi. Seen it done at a dyno day 3 weeks ago. He had a Built ex 97 running 16psi and got 289 whp and 315 wtq. The key is in the details. Good engine management and fuel supply can take the set up a long way.

Old 11-15-2005, 04:05 AM
Administrator

Go to your car and write down the VIN number off of the drivers door or in the drivers side front window.....count over 8 digits from the left to the right and come back in and post that 8th digit number for us and the we can tell you what your engine is...

WheelBrokerAng
ORIGINAL: flomasta

I really don't know what motor it is. I gotta stock 96 accord lx 2door. i know it's a 2.0 4 banger but thats about it. where could i find out what motor it is??

Quick Reply: twin turbo help