Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Carpeting question ++ need ideas/suggestions!! :)

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2016, 05:03 PM
Default Carpeting question ++ need ideas/suggestions!! :)

Okay so this is not for my accord (but i may be wanting to do same in my accord)

I have a 2000 GMC jimmy 4door
a buddy spilled muratic acid onto the back floorboard carpet.
It burnt through the carpet and looks like a fire was set on it.
I am wanting to make this my toy and winter vehicle since i am purchasing my accord very soon.
I cannot find the rubber or some type of rubber like material online to replace it.
I would like rubberized type material for mud and easier clean out, not replacing with carpet.
Does anyone know a product or material or where to find something i could use that would be great to work for this?
I thought maybe a roll of some kind of thinner rubber material and maybe slight glue it down and lay it nicely so no bubbles or lifted places. I would do the front area and back seat floor and maybe lay a seperate piece connected for the back of the truck flooring. The seam hidden under the back seats?
My buddy also said he did something like that in his 2 door truck but used some kind of truck bedding roll on rubber like stuff. I am just unsure of how that would work and look and if i could line it up and make it neat in my jimmy. My interior is very nice besides this incident, but i wanted different flooring anyways so it opened the opportunity for me.
I want a nice fitting and no bubbles/wrinkles. I will be installing whatever i find to use and will be getting it nice ( under the trim and console )
I want it to look like it was installed professionally like the carpet but with some form of rubber.
ANY HELP is greatly appreciated!! thank you!

Old 10-20-2016, 08:29 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

You might try a "pond" company or maybe a rubber roof company would be my first thoughts. Roll on "bed liner" would be another option. Going to a junkyard and finding a replacement carpet would be an option, as would contacting 1 of the different "auto carpet" suppliers.
At this time I can't think of any other rubber options.