Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Considering purchase of 2014 Accord EX-L

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2014, 01:19 PM
Question Considering purchase of 2014 Accord EX-L

Hello All,

I'm closing to purchasing my first Honda Accord. I'm leaning toward the EX-L w/out navigation but have a few questions. Please feel free to be as transparent as you'd like with your responses.

1. Is it worth it to get the EX-L with Navigation? I've seen reviews for the iphone navi set up that looks interesting but wanted to get thoughts.

2. What is the performance of the stock speakers? There is a chance I might upgrade after purchase but not sure yet.

3. What are the top 3 things you like / don't like about your accord (assuming you have a 2014 model)?

Thanks!!!!!

Old 07-23-2014, 04:55 PM
Administrator

Hello new member..I've moved you to another forum to get answers, so take note of where your post is now at..

Welcome to the Forums

WheelBrokerAng

Old 07-30-2014, 07:25 PM

I have a '14 Accord EX-L without Nav and my iphone Nav is just fine. Save the extra $$$ you get better maps through Apple/Google. Sound system is not bad, a lot of power and good sound...

I have only one complaint. The '14 has a "known" issue of small road debreis being able to crack the condensing unit (which has happened to me after 5k miles) and they claim it's all my fault when really it's in a bad place and Honda needs to do a better job protecting it. Only time will tell when this may happen again.

Old 07-31-2014, 05:43 PM
Super Moderator

On some of the older Accord's (09 ?), I've seen where people have added a screen behind the bumper to prevent damage.

Not sure how far you want to go with the audio if you don't like it.....KHA has a working thread in the Audio section of how he is upgrading the aduio system in his 14 Accord.

Old 08-02-2014, 02:58 PM
Default 2014 Accord purchase

Hi all, I am new here as well. I purchased 14 Accord touring in January. I don't drive it much, so it only has 4000km on it. Regarding whether to purchase the Navi system. IMHO, it is the worst POS I have ever tried to use. For $800, one could buy a real GPS and have lots left over for beer. The map detail is virtually non-existent unless in the 800mtr or less mode. Once above that the detail departs the fix. The routes are whatever it feels like and is difficult to make it do as one wishes. I would not trust it in an area that I didn't already know where I was going. So, what's the point of having it.
Just my opinion.
Jerry

Old 09-03-2014, 10:05 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

if you routinely do long trips, I would definitely make sure you are comfortable with the seats, some seem to not be happy with how the head rest is in a very forward position

as for Nav if you are happy using a phone then don't get it, personally I prefer the larger screen and the fact that the maps are preloaded so that alone would make it worth it. Also the Nav system is typically tied in with more safety features so that is also a consideration...

Originally Posted by semper83
I have a '14 Accord EX-L without Nav and my iphone Nav is just fine. Save the extra $$$ you get better maps through Apple/Google. Sound system is not bad, a lot of power and good sound...

I have only one complaint. The '14 has a "known" issue of small road debreis being able to crack the condensing unit (which has happened to me after 5k miles) and they claim it's all my fault when really it's in a bad place and Honda needs to do a better job protecting it. Only time will tell when this may happen again.

Are the condensers in a different location than on their previous cars? This sounds like a they made the thing lighter and as such, is less resilient to rocks and whatnot... Installing a mesh might help wit that

Last edited by YeuEmMaiMai; 09-03-2014 at 10:08 PM.