Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

WAS Looking to buy a 2013 Accord, BUT...

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2013, 05:15 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Default WAS Looking to buy a 2013 Accord, BUT...

Hi Everyone,
I'm brand new to Honda...
In April I'll be trading in my 2002 Chevy Blazer with 150,000 miles for a brand new car. I'm looking for something smaller, more fuel efficient, and nicer. After an exhausting search through all makes, models, etc.. I landed on the 2013 Honda Accord. That is until I did some poking around here. Now I'm not so sure the new model of Accord is ready/perfected enough for me to drop $30k on. The countless posts about the stereo, navi, blue tooth, audio/video features failing or not working properly almost right off the lot. Also there's a few posts regarding suspension, engine, and transmission issues.
Up until this morning I was a Honda convert (only owned chevy, ford, and toyota before). Now, I'm off that boat with all I've read here and online. Seems, of all the 2013 brands I'm searching I find more problems online with the 2013 accord than any other cars I've searched
Please give you honest thoughts. Both facts and opinions are welcome... Because as of today I'm back on the search for my new car. Talk me into getting back on the Honda bandwaggon!!!!

Old 01-23-2013, 09:53 AM
Newest Of Newbies

28 views and not one good reason hu?? Nice!

Old 01-23-2013, 11:40 AM
Super Moderator

Not sure how to answer it...

A forum like this is always gonna point out the problems. You don't get so many people posting just to say "I still love my car".

Having said that, I'm not shopping for a NEW car, so I've never even sat in a 2013 Accord. I still like Honda, on a general basis, but it's a different car today compared to the 1998 & 2003 I used to have.

Old 01-23-2013, 11:57 AM
Newest Of Newbies

Thanks for your response... Just hoping that there were some 2013 owners out there who haven't had these crappy audio/video gliches. OR someone who looked at a 2013 and noticed the gliches right away or anything basically.

Old 01-24-2013, 12:07 AM
Administrator

Good reason not to buy a new car that has Video, Gps, Navi and all that kind of trash..

Old 01-24-2013, 10:02 AM
Newest Of Newbies

Yeah, I guess I might have to look at the sport or the EX instead of the EXL since all the issues seem to be with the touch screen in the EXL... I think...

Old 01-24-2013, 02:33 PM

gg,
I bought a 2012 Accord and THEN read all the bad reviews... I love my 2012 and many of the complaints are not really that valid in the large scope of how many thousands of Accords there are on the road.

AS for the 2013.. it's too early to tell on Any new model 2013s.. but.. Honda is a strong company and builds a very very good car. I really don't think you will be let down if you get a Honda...

I would drive all the brands in your budget and pick the one you like the best. They will all be in warranty for the first 3+ years anyway and you can always trade out if you have problems are just hate it. if your driving a car that is 10 years old.. you will LOVE new cars... they are so much better technology speaking...

Brian B

Old 01-24-2013, 02:59 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Thank you for your response! Right now I have narrowed down my search to the Accord or the Hyundai Sonata. I'll drive them both this weekend and see which one feels more like home. My current car will be 11 in April with 150k miles. So any new car will be amazing I'm sure. Just wanna make sure since I won't be buying a new car for another 10 years (my wife's turn to trade in her 04 rav4 in 5 years when MY new one is paid off), so I'll be stuck with what I get for 10 years like it or leave it...
Thanks again!

Old 02-04-2013, 08:41 PM

the new accords... imo.. are just filled with a lot of useless junk half of the buyers are not interested in using. while the honda itself will work and last forever, i feel as if the goodies they stuffed in were poorly thought and failing prematurely.

if i was to buy a new car however, i would still look at pre owned. your buying from a dealer so it comes with a warranty of some sorts.. its clearly survived a few years..so it has more to come... and you can always upgrade/fix problems as they occur, instead of dishing out 30k.

* just act like your making payments whether you are or arnt, put aside 200-400 a month like your making payments so your ready to dish out when something goes wrong.

** you can buya 90's accord or civic for 500-2k.. and as long as the frames are rust free, you got plenty of years to come with minimal damage

Old 02-04-2013, 09:49 PM

Haven't had my 2013 long...just a few days. Good so far!

Quick Reply: WAS Looking to buy a 2013 Accord, BUT...