Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Should I do this ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2016, 06:04 PM
Super Moderator
Default Should I do this ?

Ok, took the Pilot in for some software updates and a few other minor things.

Dang it if they didn't mess up a door panel . So I'm pissed as hell even though I've already sent them pic's, didn't see it when I left, and called as soon as I did and the service manage has already agreed to replace the door panel weekend after next.

Anyway they did have this at the dealer: 2007 Honda S2000 Base Rocky Mount NC 12804839

A 2007 S2000 with ~54K on it. Showed pic's to the wife and that. Really want to go back this weekend and have them see the damage to the door panel in person and see about a test drive in the S2000....am I off the deep end?....is that too much for a "summer"car?

I'd have to get rid of some of the fleet, then even still it would have to stay outside as the only car in the garage is the 1966 Chevelle.

What does HAF think?

Attached Thumbnails Should I do this ?-dscn8645.jpg   Should I do this ?-dscn8643.jpg   Should I do this ?-dscn8644.jpg  
Old 04-27-2016, 06:23 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by poorman212
Ok, took the Pilot in for some software updates and a few other minor things.

Dang it if they didn't mess up a door panel . So I'm pissed as hell even though I've already sent them pic's, didn't see it when I left, and called as soon as I did and the service manage has already agreed to replace the door panel weekend after next.

Anyway they did have this at the dealer: 2007 Honda S2000 Base Rocky Mount NC 12804839

A 2007 S2000 with ~54K on it. Showed pic's to the wife and that. Really want to go back this weekend and have them see the damage to the door panel in person and see about a test drive in the S2000....am I off the deep end?....is that too much for a "summer"car?

I'd have to get rid of some of the fleet, then even still it would have to stay outside as the only car in the garage is the 1966 Chevelle.

What does HAF think?
I'll just respond to the s2k part as it interests me the most .

They are great cars with Honda reliability. Biggest downside is the soft top is a target for thieves/vandles and the dry rot of direct sunlight. Can buy a hard top but they are costly(2-3k for fiberglass and 7-8k for carbon fiber if I remember correctly).

But overall probably one of the best bang for your buck performance cars out there.

I vote you buy it and drive it down to Fayetteville so I can check it out.

Old 04-27-2016, 06:38 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by live2rice
I vote you buy it and drive it down to Fayetteville so I can check it out.
If I do, that is a deal

My issue, I don't really want a car payment. I have zero right now even with the 2106....stupid we paid cash for it and walked out the door. I could pay cash for this but that would put a big dent in the cash reserves.....humm.....pay half cash and finance the rest or something in between?

I'm still at the point if I can get the service manager there this weekend to see the damage to the '16....again, already "said" they would take care of it....and the sales "guy" that sold us the Pilot.

Yea. mid life issues.....what to do.

Still pissed about the door panel.....all because they didn't get the moon roof visor right. I believe when they were inside the car getting the moon roof visor correct the damage was done.

I did have to get two software updates done at the same time......that 9=speed really goes now

Old 04-27-2016, 06:43 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by poorman212
If I do, that is a deal

My issue, I don't really want a car payment. I have zero right now even with the 2106....stupid we paid cash for it and walked out the door. I could pay cash for this but that would put a big dent in the cash reserves.....humm.....pay half cash and finance the rest or something in between?

I'm still at the point if I can get the service manager there this weekend to see the damage to the '16....again, already "said" they would take care of it....and the sales "guy" that sold us the Pilot.

Yea. mid life issues.....what to do.

Still pissed about the door panel.....all because they didn't get the moon roof visor right. I believe when they were inside the car getting the moon roof visor correct the damage was done.

I did have to get two software updates done at the same time......that 9=speed really goes now
I hear you on no car payment. I went from having none to having two and it sucks. Maybe do as you say and pay half cash finance half on a two year or three year loan.

Old 04-27-2016, 06:44 PM
Super Moderator

or hopefully between being a repeat customer and the damage to your car you can negotiate a deal

Old 04-27-2016, 06:57 PM
Super Moderator

Yea, it is a no deal....beside the test drive ...if we don't get a little off the asking price.

Funny thing, when I told the wife it was a stick she actually smiled and that helped seal the "test drive" idea this weekend. A few days to see if this works out and that.

Since the "buyout" payments skip this year I have changed my deductions - single and none to married and none...so if I can get payments in the 150~200 a month, I'm good. I'll have to check on what the insurance increase would be and go from there.

Old 04-27-2016, 07:40 PM

The S2000 is a terrific car and, as you know, 54K is still new for a Honda. Have fun on the test drive, Poorman, I know you will make the right decision

Old 04-28-2016, 12:48 AM
Administrator
Talking I Like It

I do repeat, I like that car again..

Angelo

Old 05-07-2016, 11:27 AM
Super Moderator
Default Lost out - twice

Well, didn't move on the S2000 fast enough....or wasn't willing to pay what we were down to at the time. Someone else got it. Was going there today for the door repair and see if we could get closer on the deal.....well the car was gone - I snoozed and lost out.

Then, they ordered the wrong door panel - they didn't realize it until I had driven the 45~50 miles to get there and pulled the new one out of the box. They ordered one for an EX-L which is a two tone color and the Touring is one solid color. They had two black 2016 Pilot;s on the lot but they were both EX-L's as well....so no dice on "borrowing" one from one of those.

So now they are ordering the correct panel - I hope - and then we have to work out the replacement. They are throwing in a wash and wax for the trouble, not bad - that is a big car to wax so I can't complain. They also said they would come and get it from us and leave a loaner, then bring it back when done - remember it is a 45~50 mile trip one way to get there, again a nice offer. We'll have to decide on what to do once they get the right part in.

I'm still leaning on taking it there myself, as if they do wax it I'd want to inspect it before leaving the lot......washing and waxing a black car if not an easy thing. I'd hate for them to bring it back to me and I find a "swirl" mark and have to go through more "stuff" to get it resolved.

Don't get me wrong, they have been a pleasure to work with. Yes there have been an issue or two but they have stepped up every time and taken care of the issue. GREAT PEOPLE to deal with.

Just over 14k on the car, Three software updates, two oil changes and two tire rotations, front bumper repaint, re-installed moon roof visor, washed there once and I've paid a total of $22 for all of that.

Last edited by poorman212; 05-07-2016 at 11:29 AM.
Old 05-08-2016, 01:24 AM
Administrator

At least you are getting a little bit of satisfaction from them.. Sorry to see that Poorman

Quick Reply: Should I do this ?