Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Snow Day for Poorman :)

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2015, 08:55 AM
Super Moderator
Default Snow Day for Poorman :)

Because I can.....and I'm at home.

We got a little over 6 inches of snow over night. So now I get to spend the day clearing things out/off....cars, heat pump. Heck at ~3 am the wife woke me up because snow had covered/stuck to the sat dish and she had no TV.....really knocking snow off a dish at 3 am, the things we do

I measured right at 6 inches, the news is reporting 6.7 inches in the town where I live.

At least we have power, right now, there are places around where they lost power.

Attached Thumbnails Snow Day for Poorman :)-dscn8580.jpg   Snow Day for Poorman :)-dscn8582.jpg   Snow Day for Poorman :)-dscn8587.jpg   Snow Day for Poorman :)-dscn8588.jpg   Snow Day for Poorman :)-dscn8581.jpg  

Old 02-26-2015, 09:34 AM
Super Moderator

My boss lives in Greensboro and reported about eight inches at her home (she's working from home today as well, I gave her permission). To make her feel better I sent her a picture of my deck from two weeks ago, I has just finished my first pass shoveling it off due to another two feet of snow in the next day's forecast. I also included a picture of my driveway the following day.

Full sized shots:
https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8592/...9d3d00b5_o.jpg
https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8651/...bbfe72b5_o.jpg

Have a great day working from home.

Old 02-26-2015, 09:58 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks....I feel better after seeing those pic's

Old 02-26-2015, 03:34 PM

this is an off year for us in ND. those pictures are the usual scene this time a year.

Old 02-26-2015, 05:09 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by XGonaGiveIt2Ya
this is an off year for us in ND. those pictures are the usual scene this time a year.
Seriously? I've driven across North Dakota several times in the winter and rarely have I ever seen more than a foot or two of snow on the ground. Guess I drove through in down years.

Old 02-26-2015, 07:59 PM
Almost A Senior Member

we got about 2 inches here,,you would have thought it was a blizard,,schools closed,,banks closed,,even the dollar store closed,,crazy,,glad your ok and warm

Old 02-26-2015, 08:07 PM

Welcome to Minnesota. And we're nowhere as snowing as Buffalo. It helps that were have snowplows up to the task. Lets not forget salt.

Old 02-27-2015, 05:34 PM
Super Moderator

It is all about perspective.

Since here and TX (ok we might get a little more than TX) we don't get much snow....the cost of more plows/salt trucks/graders just isn't justified.

So the only way my little neighborhood is going to get plowed.....the farmer at the end of the road might be nice and get his tractor out. Other than that the only way the 6 inches is going away is because of sun and temps.

So I have about 5 miles of road to travel that is never plowed before I get to what they call a "primary road"....then another 5 miles before getting to a major road. Around here they plow/treat major roads first, primary second.......forget everything else.

So again....all in what you are use to. It is well documented that I don't take cold (below 40) very well, then add snow/ice and I'm done. Those that deal with that every winter, you are better than me.

Old 03-01-2015, 09:55 AM
Super Moderator

And just as the snow is melting..........freezing rain. Can't wait for Wednesday, going to be upper 60's

Old 03-01-2015, 01:21 PM
Super Moderator

Believe it or not, I'm actually dreading the warmer temperatures this week. The temperature will get up to 46°F this Wednesday, enough to start some pretty heavy duty melting, only to plunge to 4°F on Thursday evening. Can you say dangerous ice? Sure, I knew you could.

Quick Reply: Snow Day for Poorman :)