Trading Current year (2014) for 2017 - Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Old 03-29-2017, 06:56 PM

Default Trading Current year (2014) for 2017

I currently have and am leasing the 2014 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V6 (no nav) and I'm wondering if I should keep the lease and get a loan for the residual value that I'll have remaining or trade it in and upgrade into the 2017 Honda Accord Coupe EX-L V6 (no nav) or the touring?
Old 04-07-2017, 10:02 PM

Well, you have good equity in the car I'd say. I assume you've paid on the lease about three years now? If the lease is a closed lease and your residual costs are reasonable, personally I'd keep it. Unless of course you just want a new car and more lease payments for something you will never own. It's like paying rent. You pay but never build any equity. I like having vehicle titles in hand. But is your call of course.
Old 04-08-2017, 12:59 PM

One thing about keeping the car you're currently leasing is that you know what it's been thru. You know, how it was taken care of, how it rides, things you like/dislike about it, etc... If you trade it in, and the 2017 model doesn't meet your expectations, you're basically stuck with it.
My self, I like a known vehicle, one that I'm familiar with, one I have a history with.