Sights n Sounds Post your video clips here!

Living in Buffalo is an Adventure

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2014, 09:18 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by MysticBlueEX
This is tonight. The cut path really still has 5-6 inches snow on the pavement,
I expect to be able to drive again Saturday at 1pm. I parked the Honda in the garage Monday at 730pm. Six days at home with a driving ban.
Yes this is the worst snowstorm in anybody's book by the way, We even have Colorado and Truckee California beat this time for most snow in 24 hrs,
I would take he snow over living in the south anyday. You just let me know when you want to trade.

Although I'm not a big New York fan

Old 11-22-2014, 10:19 AM
Almost A Senior Member

Originally Posted by live2rice
I would take the snow over living in the south anyday. You just let me know when you want to trade.
live2rice, you might like Western NY. It's more like PA, or Ohio, rather than NYC, or downstate. The folks here are more a mix of "Country" than "Urban". People are friendly, hard working, and don't seem to hold any grudges. It's a lot slower. Sandwiched between Lake Erie and Ontario, you have to want to come here, unless you are on your way to Toronto. Not a lot of people who are "just passing through".

I stayed in Memphis for a while, a few of years ago, no offense, but I like it here.

Old 11-23-2014, 06:11 AM
Super Moderator

I stayed in Memphis for a while, a few of years ago, no offense, but I like it here.
What part of Memphis? I lived there for a good bit, ~25 years.

Old 11-23-2014, 03:52 PM
Administrator
Talking

Originally Posted by live2rice
I would take he snow over living in the south anyday. You just let me know when you want to trade.

I remember these days when I was a kid back in South Chicago..we seemed to always have snow that was deep.. Good picture..

Attached Thumbnails Living in Buffalo is an Adventure-christmas-animated-snow.jpg  
Old 11-24-2014, 09:05 PM
Almost A Senior Member

Originally Posted by poorman212
What part of Memphis? I lived there for a good bit, ~25 years.
Bartlett TN.

But my family and roots are here in WNY.

Old 11-27-2014, 09:33 AM
Super Moderator

live2rice, you might like Western NY. It's more like PA, or Ohio, rather than NYC, or downstate. The folks here are more a mix of "Country" than "Urban". People are friendly, hard working, and don't seem to hold any grudges. It's a lot slower. Sandwiched between Lake Erie and Ontario, you have to want to come here, unless you are on your way to Toronto. Not a lot of people who are "just passing through".

My wife is from the Saratoga area, it's not bad. I just enjoy firearms and could never live in a ban state.

Nyc on the other hand..... Only been there once or twice and don't care to go back.

Old 11-27-2014, 10:11 AM
Super Moderator

Bartlett TN.
Yea, know that area well. As I said I lived there a long time, I remember when Germantown Rd was a small two lane road and didn't even have a ramp to get onto I-40

Old 11-27-2014, 11:33 AM
Almost A Senior Member

There is no way Id live there, Lived in Germantown also, memphis, nashville, ft knox, philly, and been to new york twice, last time in new york, never got out of the cab.

If the taxes and gun laws didnt convince me, the weather would, Good luck and be safe.

Old 11-28-2014, 07:26 AM
Almost A Senior Member

Originally Posted by woody31
There is no way Id live there, Lived in Germantown also, memphis, nashville, ft knox, philly, and been to new york twice, last time in new york, never got out of the cab.

If the taxes and gun laws didnt convince me, the weather would, Good luck and be safe.
Woody, a couple of things,

Buffalo NY area is not anywhere near NYC, at least a 400 mile drive. So we are more like any small city. We don't need to defend the Canadian border like you need to defend the Mexican border. The Canadians come here to drop off money shopping because their sales tax is 13%. Not very many poor people running across the border.

Handgun permits can take 18 months, and not many are allowed to open carry. They really want to crack down on the straw buyers.

Old 11-29-2014, 09:14 AM
Super Moderator

Back online from New Hampshire (where there is a gun shop or gun smith on every other corner)...

After two full days with no power and nearly three days with no internet access, I'm finally warm, back online, and with a warm meal in my belly.

Here's what it looked like Thursday morning out my back window:

Quick Reply: Living in Buffalo is an Adventure